1.    #1  
    Does anyone know where the pal pre antenna is located in the phone? I am considering buying one of those radiation protectors but it needs to be placed near the antenna and I don't know where that is.
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    Take the battery cover off and look at he back of the phone . You will se the antenna .
    I think it is right below the gestures area at bottom of phone.
    your not going to die from radiation released by the pre. although i have noticed a spike in my test scores due to the pre. Its called google haha
    Pull the back cover off. The antennas are all those gold things running all over. There are actually several antennas. One is probably for the cell band and another for the higher frequency PCS band. There is probably also a GPS and WiFi antenna in there.
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    If you wrap your Pre in aluminum foil, it will stop the radiation from seeping into your brain. Maybe Santa will leave a bluetooth in your stocking
    Sanyo SCP 4500 > Samsung SCH 1900 > Sanyo SCP 5000 > Treo 755p > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    WHO | Electromagnetic fields and public health: mobile telephones and their base stations
    RF absorbing devices: Scientific evidence does not indicate any need for RF-absorbing covers or other "absorbing devices" on mobile phones. They cannot be justified on health grounds and the effectiveness of many such devices in reducing RF exposure is unproven.
    In general, you are far more likely to get cancer from standing out in the sun than using your cell phone. Besides, any radiation protector that actually worked would KILL your signal strength.

The antennas are the gold things:

It's a 3-dimensional array to have the best chance of putting the antenna in the same plane as the tower's antenna.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain_ReCall
    I'm an Embedded Software Engineer. My idea of a Good User Interface is printf().
    The pre ranked somewhere in the lower part of the pack in radiation output. Some theorize thats the cause of the less than steller signal the pre has....if i recall correctly there is a teardown video somewhere out there in the internets, and i thought it actually had several copper? "antenna" strips...

wow...i really should have refreshed this page if i am gonna take hours to hit the post button..
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Quote Originally Posted by DSPKweb View Post
    If you wrap your Pre in aluminum foil, it will stop the radiation from seeping into your brain. Maybe Santa will leave a bluetooth in your stocking
    You might as well wrap your head in it, too. Keeps out the government from reading your thoughts, too!
    Quote Originally Posted by balderson View Post
    You might as well wrap your head in it, too. Keeps out the government from reading your thoughts, too!
    You have to get pre-2001 aluminum foil. I'm sure you're aware that the NSA started embedding relay chips in aluminum foil to allow them to continue reading brain waves. I think it's safe to talk about that. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go see why the large black helicopter is landing in my front yard. It looks like they're comi+++_=-++NO CARRIER ++++==++
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    even if we assume electromagnetic radiation causes cancer...

1. the aluminum foil wouldn't protect you enough to make a difference
    2. if it did protect you, it would block the phone's signal, rendering it useless
    3. radiation from all other sources could cause cancer too - i hope you don't use any electrical appliances or go outside or in brick buildings or get xrays, ct scans or mri's....
    Why don't you just send me the $20 instead and I will protect you using the power of my mind. PM for mailing address.

Quote Originally Posted by apollo333 View Post
    Does anyone know where the pal pre antenna is located in the phone? I am considering buying one of those radiation protectors but it needs to be placed near the antenna and I don't know where that is.
    Global Posts
    887 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    Why don't you just send me the $20 instead and I will protect you using the power of my mind. PM for mailing address.
    FINALLY, someone who can help make the voices in my head stop!

PM sent.
    I think the Palm Pre 2radiation to - to the brain - won't be that bad like other (smart) phones. This because the screen area is shielded for the wireless - Nikola Tesla - charging. Especially with the keyboard hidden, would offer some more protection.

Did you know that one of the worst electro magnetic fields is created by DVB? That's what German scientist have proved. They even wrote a letter to the US goverment to stop embracing the DVB broadkast!
    im telling u people cant watch news because they get traumatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain_ReCall View Post
    [url= | Electromagnetic fields and public health: mobile telephones and their base stations[/url]

In general, you are far more likely to get cancer from standing out in the sun than using your cell phone. Besides, any radiation protector that actually worked would KILL your signal strength.
    The only phones that have been shown to possibly cause cancer, are the Analog phones from many years ago. The TV signals shooting through your home are stronger then those produced by a cell phone. If your that worried about the radiation coming from your phone, try using those earbuds that came with your phone. That is what I use to make calls, because it's more comfortable then holding the phone to my face and unlike Bluetooth, no one easedrop on your conversation. I have just heard too many stories of people being able to listen to Bluetooth calls using a scanner. So I don't trust Bluetooth as much.

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

Quote Originally Posted by apollo333 View Post
    Wow, you got laid into a bit there. But basically everyone's pretty much right.

Oxygen is carcinogenic, but you don't try and shield yourself from that. The fact that scientist haven't found any strong evidence of mobiles causing harm is because the risk is really, really low. Think how many things you do where the risk is obvious, say driving.

These fraudsters rip you off trying to sell unproven products, that potentially increase your exposure (If you detune the antenna the phone will respond by upping the power). All mobiles undergo SAR(specific absorption rate) tests to measure the level of RF absorption in your head. Manufactures spend a lot of money trying to optimise their result. The aftermarket tricksters spend almost no money on developing and testing their products and try and frighten you into buying their voodoo tokens.

Sorry to be so negative. If you're really worried then just choose a phone with a low SAR rating, and turn off WiFi and Bluetooth(same frequency as your microwave oven.).
    Quote Originally Posted by hagster View Post
    These fraudsters rip you off trying to sell unproven products, that potentially increase your exposure (If you detune the antenna the phone will respond by upping the power). All mobiles undergo SAR(specific absorption rate) tests to measure the level of RF absorption in your head. Manufactures spend a lot of money trying to optimise their result. The aftermarket tricksters spend almost no money on developing and testing their products and try and frighten you into buying their voodoo tokens.
    Oh you guys are talking about those stupid little pieces of plastic that "Claim" to reduce your radiation exposure. Those don't work at all. If they did, every phone would have them. They are like those golden stickers that claim to add feet to your antenna. I wouldn't advice you to mess with anything like that. That sticker could cause your phone to use more power to make and receive calls. So they would do more harm then good.

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel