1.    #1  
    I did not remove my theme before running EPR. and now I can not remove my theme or change it. I need Help and fast.Please
    Quote Originally Posted by trilok.mehta View Post
    I did not remove my theme before running EPR. and now I can not remove my theme or change it. I need Help and fast.Please
    I am by far not the authoritative source on this, but from everything I've read thus far, you're only option may be to Doctor your Pre. I'd HIGHLY advise before following my advice, however, that you message some of the more knowledgeable devs on here, such as Jason Robitallie (I may have butchered his last name) or Rob Whitby.

Good luck!

~Kelly

"Two things are infinite: the universe, and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." ~Albert Einstein
    no puedo aquregar temas para pre cuando llego al paso de poner upupdowndown no me aparese la occion en mi tel q puedo hacer... nesesito alluda xfavor
    I accidentally installed a theme right after installing EPR (don't ask) which rebooted my Pre to do it's magic and put me into the same boat. Jason Robitaille's excellent WebOS Repair Utility totally saved my bacon.

Just make sure the WebOSDoctor.jar file the repair utility uses (don't actually run the WebOSDoctor.jar, the repair utility just uses it for the files it contains) is the same version as your Pre as it sits now...
    Yeah, uhh... it's Kevin. (KevinT was already taken.)

PalmPilot Professional, Palm V, Kyocera 7135, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Palm Prē & Prē 2, HP TouchPad & Veer
    did that same thing with mine. Just installed a new theme which didn't show the images but said it was installed in preware, i chose to uninstall it and after a reboot I was back to stock. the Doc will work too but remember to backup eveything.
    Quote Originally Posted by leonelson View Post
    no puedo aquregar temas para pre cuando llego al paso de poner upupdowndown no me aparese la occion en mi tel q puedo hacer... nesesito alluda xfavor
    Mi español no es muy bueno, pero puedo tratar de ayudar. Utilizo un motor de traducción para suplementar mi español, así que oso conmigo por favor. ¿Tiene usted el Modo de Revelador de lanzar de problema, o la carga temas de Preware?

~Kelly

"Two things are infinite: the universe, and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." ~Albert Einstein
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    porke tienes ke poner la frase completa. es upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart y ahy te va a salir la opcion para selecionar y prenderlo.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I was just able to us WebOS Quick Install and under ?Device Management? I could uninstall my theme. I did that back to factory theme then reinstalled the theme. I think I did the same thing as you to get into that boat!
  9.    #9  
    I am sorry but I dont think I can understand the second paragraph Kevin T..
    If your Pre is running Sprint 1.2.1, you need the WebOSDoctor.jar file for Sprint 1.2.1 in the same directory as the WebOS Repair Utility, since the repair utility uses the files from it to update any found in your Pre that are different from the doctor version. You don't want the repair utility to be using a different version as a reference than what is running on your phone, or you'll end up with an unstable mix of old version and new version system files.
    Yeah, uhh... it's Kevin. (KevinT was already taken.)

PalmPilot Professional, Palm V, Kyocera 7135, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Palm Prē & Prē 2, HP TouchPad & Veer
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    no puedo aquregar temas para pre cuando llego al paso de poner upupdowndown no me aparese la occion en mi tel q puedo hacer... Nesesito alluda xfavor
    uh what???????????????
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    Shame on you for not taking your theme out......I'm turning you in to the ASPPA

(American Society to Prevent Pre Abuse)

Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    Ok, I've had my Pre for quite a while now but just started doing Patches and PreWare (I know, I'm a late bloomer). But after reading this thread, I have several questions...

1. What is EPR?
    2. Do all PATCHES have to be removed prior to any OTA Pre OS updates?
    3. Do all THEMES have to be removed prior to any OTA Pre OS updates?
    4. When else should I beware about having patches/themes installed.

Thanks for your patience!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazo View Post
    Ok, I've had my Pre for quite a while now but just started doing Patches and PreWare (I know, I'm a late bloomer). But after reading this thread, I have several questions...

1. What is EPR?
    2. Do all PATCHES have to be removed prior to any OTA Pre OS updates?
    3. Do all THEMES have to be removed prior to any OTA Pre OS updates?
    4. When else should I beware about having patches/themes installed.

Thanks for your patience!

1) (E)mergency (P)atch (R)emoval
    2) Yes, remove any themes FIRST then run the EPR to remove patches
    3) See above answer
    4) Only during webOS updates, or if you need to take your phone to Sprint for any reason
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    I did that too omg man I tried everything doctor partial erase nothing worked for me then by luck I went to preware and installed the theme again (it let me) and removed it and it went away and now i have the theme back phew!
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fastamx79 View Post
    1) (E)mergency (P)atch (R)emoval
    Ok, thx for answering all my questions. A couple follow up questions though. Is the EPR version specific (ie a new one is released after each OS update) and if so, would I need to have the 1.3.1 version before updating to 1.x.x the next time? Also, where can I find said EPR.

Thx!
    It is not version specific.

In Preware, under "List of Everything," begin to type Emergency Patch Recovery.

Install
    Remove
    Restart
    Last edited by soccerpathic; 11/20/2009 at 12:32 AM.
    you can fix it like this

1\ ERP all your patchs just use preware or quickinstall
    2\ install terminal and terminal plus from preware or quickinstall
    3\ run the terminal ,then type:cd /var/usr/palm/applications
    4\ delete the patchs that you hate.

ok ,then you can install all the patchs as you like .

just do it! best wishes!
    Here's the default Pre theme fyi the next time you might need to restore:

com.prethemer.themes.default_1.1.0_all.ipk

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions