1.    #1  
    Hi,

I have a Palm Pre on O2, the problem I have no way of knowing whether or not I have received a voicemail. I have no "tape" icon at the bottom of the screen or audible notification.

Customer services at O2 told me to activate my voicemail, I have done so but still nothing.

Any ideas?

Many thanks for your help

Joe
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    I get a text from O2 telling me I have Voice mail. Maybe go through your account settings on the O2 web site.
    I had the same problem,my voicemail was already active but I was not getting any notifications. I logged into my voicemail and setup my notifications again and everything works fine now
  4.    #4  
    I spoke to Palm they said that I would have to talk to o2 as they look after sending the notifications. So I spoke who o2 who said that the Pre doesn't currently have message notifications. This is surely untrue? The guys from o2 told me that it would be made available in an update soon.
    There is a tab marked Palm Pre software v1.3.1 in the Palm Pre support section on the o2 site. Maybe this will be with us soon and will fix my problem.
    People need to stop trusting everything O2 staff say about the Pre. They have shown time and time again that they either don't have the required knowledge or that they can't communicate it clearly and so users end up on this forum confused.
    Quote Originally Posted by joedubass View Post
    I spoke to Palm they said that I would have to talk to o2 as they look after sending the notifications. So I spoke who o2 who said that the Pre doesn't currently have message notifications. This is surely untrue? The guys from o2 told me that it would be made available in an update soon.
    There is a tab marked Palm Pre software v1.3.1 in the Palm Pre support section on the o2 site. Maybe this will be with us soon and will fix my problem.
    As said by others, O2 staff do not know about the phones they sell. Asking them technical questions about a phone is like asking PC World staff about computers

There is a voicemail 'tape' icon indicator on the Pre. This style of voicemail notification is the one I always use on my phones.

When I changed to the Pre my voicemail notification came through by text. I dialled into voicemail, accessed the 'change my settings' option and followed the prompts to change to on screen notification. Next time I had a notification, I got the 'tape' icon as expected.

This was with 1.1.3 (current UK firmware) on an un-modded Pre on O2 UK.
    Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live.
    Martin Golding
    Here's how I did it. It worked on my Treo, and it worked on my Pre.

• Dial 901 for voicemail.
    • Enter your 4 digit PIN.
    • Key * for greetings and mailbox settings.
    • Key 4 for mailbox settings
    • Key 1 to change the way you are notified about voicemails.
    • Key 3 for "on-screen notifications".

Job done.
    thank you that text notification was really annoying me, why would that be the default?
    I suppose txt messages are guaranteed to work on any old phone.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spiregrain View Post
    Here's how I did it. It worked on my Treo, and it worked on my Pre.

• Dial 901 for voicemail.
    • Enter your 4 digit PIN.
    • Key * for greetings and mailbox settings.
    • Key 4 for mailbox settings
    • Key 1 to change the way you are notified about voicemails.
    • Key 3 for "on-screen notifications".

Job done.
    Job done indeed.. thanks m8 :-)
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Useful! Not sure why text messages are the default - Every phone I've ever owned in my entire life has supported the network notifications.