1.    #1  
    I recently got a new computer with Windows 7. It is not recognizing my Pre. Has anyone else had this problems and is there a solution?
    Quote Originally Posted by mml519 View Post
    I recently got a new computer with Windows 7. It is not recognizing my Pre. Has anyone else had this problems and is there a solution?
    Not really helpful, but I webOS Doctored last night with Windows 7 x64, no issues whatsoever.
    I've never had a problem with the Pre and Windows 7, are you sure you've put it in USB mode? Or are you trying to root it? If that's the case I have the best luck with installing Quick Install first. Or are you trying to use Quick Install, in which case did you make sure to put it in developer mode? Otherwise restart the Pre.
    I had that problem...I followed this and it worked.
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...er-method.html
    If it gives you an error about failing to get drivers when you first plugged it in it's just looking for novacom drivers. You only need these for rooting or using WebOS Quick Install. USB mode and Media Sync(with old iTunes version) should work as intended.
  6.    #6  
    I am actually new to this phone too. I have always just had a basic phone and think I am way in over my head! On my older computer(Windows XP), I just plugged it in the USB port and clicked USB drive on my phone and it took over from there. On this new computer, when I plug it in the USB port, my phone and the computer neither one do anything. I'm not sure what rooting it means, and what is developer mode?

Thanks!
    Ah ok so disregard most of the posts, It sounds like your USB port may not be working, does the phone charge when you plug it in?

Also does any other USB related hardware work? You might try using a different port.

Otherwise make sure you run Windows Update to make sure you have the latest and greatest windows 7 drivers.

You might double check the usb cable and make sure it isn't broken.

Otherwise you might try restarting the computer and the pre. I can't remember specifically what I did when I first saw this happen but one of these should fix it for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by mml519 View Post
    I am actually new to this phone too. I have always just had a basic phone and think I am way in over my head! On my older computer(Windows XP), I just plugged it in the USB port and clicked USB drive on my phone and it took over from there. On this new computer, when I plug it in the USB port, my phone and the computer neither one do anything. I'm not sure what rooting it means, and what is developer mode?

Thanks!
    That is the exact same problem I had...it worked perfectly until I upgraded to Windows 7. I just followed the directions in the post I linked above.