Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    I really didn't want to as I feel that it's pretty ridiculous that I would need a 3rd party application to restore my phone when something as basic as a software update should just work.

Also, I am worried that perhaps if some kind of data upgrade is necessary or something, it won't update properly if I use WebOS doctor.

I'll be honest. I am eyeing the Droid. As much as I hate Verizon, Android seems like it is the only platform which will successfully compete with the iPhone. I had a lot of faith in Palm when I got my Pre but that is waning fast. Anyway, that is really a discussion for another thread. The smartphone space will be totally different in 18 months when I can upgrade again.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    I've web doctored at least a dozen times. Never lost contacts. Guess I'm lucky. I've been through alot of pres too. The hardware has been crappy. Why palm went with a slider I will never know...But I dont see another phone that can do what the pre does for me, I'd keep taking the replacements.
    I don't lose contacts but some of them lose sync with my facebook contacts. Also wallpapers, ringtones, usb data, etc. are all lost.
    cardfan, your wifes phone and the usb door crack. was it replaced by insurance? or did sprint replace it?

oh btw, the way sprint is treating me and my usb crack. i would be a gsm subscriber again today if one of them had a droid.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
    cardfan, your wifes phone and the usb door crack. was it replaced by insurance? or did sprint replace it?

oh btw, the way sprint is treating me and my usb crack. i would be a gsm subscriber again today if one of them had a droid.
    She had insurance. Sprint store didn't ask about it though and gave her a refurb.
    I've been fighting with them for months. On Friday, I had to change my telephone number because I moved, and the RESET IT without telling me first. Long story short, they are exchanging it because PALM SAID they broke it. Long drawn out process but they won't budge. Take it from me it's not worth the fight. I still am composing a letter with names of reps and their ID numbers, but it will only be answered by another rep. Don't bother trying, you won't get anywhere. Sometimes I really regret buying it.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12