Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    When you are using the web and you turn the phone sideways for the better page view, is there a way to navigate back? As of now I end up having to turn the phone back horizontally and then using the back gesture.
    Standard back swipe (down or up depending on how you turn your phone) in the gesture area will take you one page back.

Edit: Hmmm... maybe I was dreaming, or maybe it was a 1.3.1 change, but now the browser displays the back button in landscape and the back gesture just scrolls the page...
    Last edited by Spader; 11/18/2009 at 12:42 PM.
    why not just hit the back button on the bottom left? i generally go landscape when reading.
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    When I hit the back button on the bottom left it just opens a new card as if to open a new web page....it doesn't act as a back button? And yes, when I try to swipe the gesture area it just scrolls the page..strangely at that
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    So I don't known what I did..but somehow I changed the look of the arrow in bottom left, and now it is acting as a back button. It went from being boxy looking to being a round circle and now acts like a back button. Anyone know what I may have done to toggle the functionality of it?
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    There's always been a back arrow in the lower left while in landscape view in the web browser. Swiping the gesture area has always been for scrolling when in landscape view.
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ska11153 View Post
    So I don't known what I did..but somehow I changed the look of the arrow in bottom left, and now it is acting as a back button. It went from being boxy looking to being a round circle and now acts like a back button. Anyone know what I may have done to toggle the functionality of it?
    Weird. It sounds like it's back to normal though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikerz View Post
    There's always been a back arrow in the lower left while in landscape view in the web browser. Swiping the gesture area has always been for scrolling when in landscape view.
    Agreed, that's how mine has been since launch day.

Slightly off topic, but the browser multi-mod patch provides several lovely features, among them hotkeys for page down (space bar), page up (period), scroll to top (backspace), and scroll to bottom (return).
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer