1.    #1  
    I got an insurance replacement palm pre...restored palm profile..and then updated to 1.3.1

So..no homebrew apps were backed up! ugh, so I've tried to reinstall filecoaster and its not showing up on the pre...dev mode is back on...novacom seems to be working fine since the finds and can see the pre just fine...so why wont the apps like filecoaster show up?

dbf
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    There are alot of people who have had problems getting apps to load on filecoaster after 1.3.1. Good luck trying to get anyone here to help you. Sorry The consenses answer seams to be, just install preware
    for me, filecoaster just spins and spins when you tap app.

i dont think its being developed anymore. boo.

i dont need (or want) all the other stuff preware does.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Just go with preware, I'm a fan of Filecoaster, but Preware's Package Manger Service is useful as it removes the app limit and other fixes with it, and the process to install an app is easy too, just one extra click.

Or you can just install apps through Quick Install or just wait for FileCoaster to be updated.
    btw, see. solution soon?
    Felipe
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
    for me, filecoaster just spins and spins when you tap app.

i dont think its being developed anymore. boo.

i dont need (or want) all the other stuff preware does.
    You can use the Preware preferences to only show applications if you want, and to hide the themes, patches and other linux utilities. Even then, you'll be able to install more applications than you can with fileCoaster, cause Preware accesses *all* the homebrew applications that are available, not just those that are on PreCentral.

http://install.preware.org

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Preware is well worth it. nice to see all the homebrew apps!!
    i have tried them all, i want filecoaster. if there is no filecoaster, i might give up homebrew.
    Felipe
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
    i have tried them all, i want filecoaster. if there is no filecoaster, i might give up homebrew.
    Wow, that's an interesting point of view.

I've always considered application installers (like Preware, fileCoaster, WebOS Quick Install, PreLoad, PreUpdate, ipkg, etc) to be a means to an end (the "end" being installing applications) rather than an end in themselves ...

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 11/18/2009 at 06:28 PM.
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Looks like it is time for me to move to Preware. *Sigh*
    Palm V -> Treo 600 (lost) -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Pre -> Photon