1.    #1  
    Unfortunately, I updated to 1.3.1 without removing all my patches. I was able to run the EPR, but my launcher page never defaulted to the 3x3 icons w/ default spacing. I now have 3x3 icons but the spacing is much greater than the default setting. Also, in Preware, it says I have the 4x4 launcher patch and the 5x4 launcher patch installed, but every time I try to remove them I get an “ERROR REMOVING: SEE IPKG LOG” message.

I understand this is my own fault, but is there anything I can do to fix this short of using Web OS Doctor?
    Quote Originally Posted by elsnty View Post
    Unfortunately, I updated to 1.3.1 without removing all my patches. I was able to run the EPR, but my launcher page never defaulted to the 3x3 icons w/ default spacing. I now have 3x3 icons but the spacing is much greater than the default setting. Also, in Preware, it says I have the 4x4 launcher patch and the 5x4 launcher patch installed, but every time I try to remove them I get an “ERROR REMOVING: SEE IPKG LOG” message.

I understand this is my own fault, but is there anything I can do to fix this short of using Web OS Doctor?
    run emergency patch recovery program (find it in the list of all programs on preware by searching)
    Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jmart603 View Post
    run emergency patch recovery program (find it in the list of all programs on preware by searching)
    i believe the OP already tried that. Im not sure if Jasons WebOS Repair Tool is updated to 1.3.1 yet. As far as i know the only other way is the doctor. I had the same issue with a bunch of patched not being removed by EPR and the updated screwed me all up so i had to run the doctor then upgrade back to 1.3.1.
  4.    #4  
    The reason I’m trying to avoid using the Web OS Doctor is because every time I do, I have duplicate contact names from facebook, google, and the palm profile that I have to manually link together..
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I had the same problem i ran the epr before the update and updated my phone but for some reason it still said i had patches and gave me the error when trying to update or remove them. A much easier solution to fixing this is to open web os quick install, look under device management and the patches that have the error will appear in the applications, from here remove them and reboot your phone. problem solved.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryoblade View Post
    I had the same problem i ran the epr before the update and updated my phone but for some reason it still said i had patches and gave me the error when trying to update or remove them. A much easier solution to fixing this is to open web os quick install, look under device management and the patches that have the error will appear in the applications, from here remove them and reboot your phone. problem solved.
    I just tried this, the patches did appear under applications. I checked them and uninstalled them, I got an error message when uninstalling them but they still seemed uninstall. Regardless, my launcher page is still not back to default and I still get the IPKG error when I try to install certain patches in Preware and QI.
    Quote Originally Posted by elsnty View Post

If Preware is saying you have patches installed, then you either didn't run the EPR properly, or you used some other tool to install the patches.

Also, make sure you reboot your Pre and update your Preware feeds before trying to reinstall patches.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals