1.    #1  
    So I narrowed it down from the last post and figured that the update didn't mess with the airave (i think) and now am just having plain old problems with the thing ... been on the phone with airave tech for 2 hours in 2 days and nothing has gotten resolved .

I have the system light flashing red (fast) and gps light solid red, all other lights are blue as they should

The airave has been flawless for 2-3 months straight until the night i called tech to say my Pre wasn't connecting to make a call, (all lights were blue though at that point) we did a default DNZ through the router using the airave IP address and it was like it brought the airave completely out of wack..

I reverted it back to normal and now it won't connect at all ...no outages in the area, no internet issues (we did a voip test) airave is supposidly working fine hardware wise ...

Sprintusers has a 20page forum on outages with the airave, some people claiming there unit can go out for a weeks time before it comes back because of something on sprints end ...

Any help would be appreciated!
    R.I.P Palm Centro (6.5.09)
    New Pre Owner (6.6.09)

Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Sounds like the unit needs a GPS signal?

Try putting it next to a window with a vision to the sky (not under a huge oak tree, though without leaves it might not be so bad right now).
    Quote Originally Posted by rposa View Post
    Sounds like the unit needs a GPS signal?

Try putting it next to a window with a vision to the sky (not under a huge oak tree, though without leaves it might not be so bad right now).
    Agreed. If the GPS LED is red, it probably means that the GPS signal is weak or not present. Are you using the external antenna that came with the unit? Make sure it has a clear view of the sky, or you will never get it online.
    When I had GPS issues with mine when I first got it I just let it hang outside the window! After it found the signal I just hung it up in the window. Getting a GPS signal can sometimes be a huge pain in the as*!
    SGIII SOON! (ATT)

Palm Pre- > HTC EVO 3D > HTC One X > Samsung GSIII

If any of my posts help you please thank me!!
    hell i could not even get my pre to connect to the airrave! so your one step ahead of me. when i call tech support, they basicly told me i was crazy and everything was fine. reminds me of when my wife wants to argue and my logic out weighs hers, her simple response is to get a partial blank look on her face, but you can tell she wants to respond and the only words that can come out are "what ever".
    The airave will nto work with out a GPS signal. The unit has to verify that you are not in a foreign country before it will start working.
  7.    #7  
    where I had it placed it worked flawlessly with the attached gps antenna, now in the same place only after tech told me to check off the dnz thing it can't find a signal, .. Its in the window with a clear path to the sky, hmm
  8.    #8  
    Seems as if Airave tech thinks my GPS external antenna went on me and are sending me out a new one, from there if that doesn't fix it, i will need awhole new airave completely ...
    R.I.P Palm Centro (6.5.09)
    New Pre Owner (6.6.09)