Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1.    #1  
    Forgive me if anyone else has already asked this. I did some searching but wasn't sure what to search for exactly.

    I had to call the doctor in on my phone pre- webOS 1.3.1 update because like many others the phone would no longer find updates due to the elusive patching/root/files problem which I hope to not have the pleasure of experienceing again.

    Well after running webOS Doctor and restoring to 1.2.1 then udpating to 1.3.1 I have a new icon on the top bar that looks like a handset and a dialpad (see photo attached). I can honestly say I've never seen this before and have never seen it in any posted pictures.

    I'd really like it to go away as it serves no function that I can tell. Plus if you use the date xx/xx patch it overlaps because there are too many icons up there if WiFi and BT are both enabled!
    Attached Images Attached Images
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by theBrknSystm View Post
    Forgive me if anyone else has already asked this. I did some searching but wasn't sure what to search for exactly.

    I had to call the doctor in on my phone pre- webOS 1.3.1 update because like many others the phone would no longer find updates due to the elusive patching/root/files problem which I hope to not have the pleasure of experienceing again.

    Well after running webOS Doctor and restoring to 1.2.1 then udpating to 1.3.1 I have a new icon on the top bar that looks like a handset and a dialpad (see photo attached). I can honestly say I've never seen this before and have never seen it in any posted pictures.

    I'd really like it to go away as it serves no function that I can tell. Plus if you use the date xx/xx patch it overlaps because there are too many icons up there if WiFi and BT are both enabled!
    That means TTY is enabled. Go into phone preferences in the phone app to disable it.
  3. VDubbs47's Avatar
    Posts
    49 Posts
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    #3  
    I can see how this would be hard to search for but it has been covered before.

    It's TTY/TDD. To turn it off, go into your Phone Preferences (from the phone app). Scroll down and turn off TTY/TDD under Accessibility.
  4. VDubbs47's Avatar
    Posts
    49 Posts
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    #4  
    You beat me to it!
  5. #5  
    every update lol
  6. #6  
    So, when posting this thread, after you entered the title, did you bother to check out any of these:



    ? The 2nd and 3rd one had your answer.
  7.    #7  
    lmao ... ok what a silly/stupid problem! but honest ... i've never seen it before and it was annoying me to no end!

    thanks guys! i feel rather stupid now! :-)
  8. #8  
    Can we make this a sticky thread any time there is a firmware update?
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    So, when posting this thread, after you entered the title, did you bother to check out any of these:



    ? The 2nd and 3rd one had your answer.
    Not everyone has the time to go and check for things. Its a fact of life here. All forums have double posts. In most cases more!
    SGIII SOON! (ATT)

    Palm Pre- > HTC EVO 3D > HTC One X > Samsung GSIII

    If any of my posts help you please thank me!!
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by cgardner View Post
    Not everyone has the time to go and check for things. Its a fact of life here. All forums have double posts. In most cases more!
    The suggested threads thing pops up as soon as you switch to the message box. If you don't have 5 seconds to go over the thread titles it suggests, then how do you have time to post on a forum?
  11. chichi's Avatar
    Posts
    256 Posts
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    The suggested threads thing pops up as soon as you switch to the message box. If you don't have 5 seconds to go over the thread titles it suggests, then how do you have time to post on a forum?
    +1
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by cgardner View Post
    Not everyone has the time to go and check for things. Its a fact of life here. All forums have double posts. In most cases more!
    But you expect others to use their limited time to answer questions that have been asked countless times?
  13. Tyndall's Avatar
    Posts
    198 Posts
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    #13  
    I want moar!!!!

Posting Permissions