Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    first off, I have never had the maxed out app problem. I am familiar with it as I read it on the board every time. I don't have a lot of aps at all. I've deleted a bunch of apps just to try and make room and I still can't even update twee or any of te others because there isn't enough space. What in the world is going on. I've resetthe phone after I delete each app. This is ridiculous.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Wow I got 50 apps 17 patches, music, pictures and my Pre is handling them like a champ. Why other people having so much trouble?
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    I had the same issue. I went as far as removing every app I installed whether it was Official or Homebrew and it still threw that error. There is a patch you can install that removes the limitation on how many apps you can use, which I can understand using if you have reached your limit and want more, but it seems ridiculous to have to use in order to install anything on an empty phone. You may have to do a Reset (Soft or Hard) on the phone to get it to work. I ended up just getting a replacement because I had so many other issues as well with my other Pre. Good luck though.
    check out this thread ( http://m.forums.precentral.net/gener...my-memory.html ) ... You may want to delete your /var/luna/data/attachments and /var/luna/data/emails folders (the easiest way to do this is via webOS Quick Install - Delete files/folders option). This saved me over 50 meg on my /var that was being clogged up with deleted email. As long as you are using an IMAP or exchance (and not POP3) email, it will redownload all your emails. Read through that thread..it may help you out
    I was having the same problem.
    Install Terminal and mvapp from Preware... there's a guide how to use them.
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NYBKPRE View Post
    Wow I got 50 apps 17 patches, music, pictures and my Pre is handling them like a champ. Why other people having so much trouble?
    No offense, but I highly doubt you have that many apps installed without the patch to lift the limitations.
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Funky_K View Post
    I was having the same problem.
    Install Terminal and mvapp from Preware... there's a guide how to use them.
    As I stated above, I can understand using those patches if you have reached your limit and want more, but it seems ridiculous to have to use them in order to install anything on an empty phone. It is basically like giving someone the keys to a car that has a full tank of gas, but saying it won't work unless you use a different "special key" to start it.