Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    Does anyone know if there is a way to have the Palm Pre set up so that when you send an email from the Palm it also sends a copy of an email to an address you specify so that you can have a record of emails you sent from your phone somewhere. Maybe as an automatic BCC or something? With the blackberry you can log into your settings through the web and have it set up to send a copy of anything you send through the blackberry server to any email you want. I used to have it set up to send to an account I created only to have "Sent BlackBerry Messages" backed up, and have a record of them.

Thanks
    Should you not have a copy of all outgoing messages in your sent folder?? That's why its there after all.

...but no the Pre does not have this option. Not sure who your e-mail service provider is but perhaps you could set that up server side?
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    I am currently trying to use email in Pop mode and not IMAP so that would not work.
    POP mode....ouch. Give IMAP a try, you'll like it.
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    I guess my question would be what kind of security are you going for? Because if its just record keeping ur email service provider should keep a record of sent messages on there servers. If you would let a less secure method forward ur email to a gmail mail account then use ur gmail as your primary account.That way it should save to your phone, the we,and a desktop sync option. Any email service should do this but gmail has proven to me to be the most compatible with all the above mentioned options to me.
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    Gmail is currently my main email account. I don't want to do IMAP because when I delete an email on the PRE it deletes it from Gmail completely. I want to be able to delete messages on my phone and keep my mailbox clean and to a minimum, but I want all my email to stay on the gmail server as a backup. I was originally having a problem with Pop and using Outlook and the Pre in that if a message downloaded to one email client first it would then not download to the other email client, even though in gmail the setting was set to keep a copy on gmail. I fixed this problem by making my email's user name on the Pre "recent:xxxxx@gmail.com" At first it downloaded 2 copies of all older mail for the 3 day period I had set, but all new mail comes in fine and can be downloaded again on outlook, and vice versa.