1.    #1  
    I am not a F@nB0y, however I am a fan and shameless promoter whenever possible. Palm is one of the few companies out there that are small enough to reach out to, and brave enough to put a product in a market place dominated by companies so much larger...

It's not that I don't think Palm has made mistakes with the Pre / webOS, but they really are listening and trying to do the right thing. Look at IBM, Apple, MS, etc... They have made gigantic mistakes and rely completely on devs with vision, not the customers.

I guess my point is this... I am all for constructive criticism, not destructive. Palm is an underdog that is taking on the giants. I would rather support them because of the opportunity they give us, the users.
    Why can't the mobile device manufactures get that most want a touch screen and a front face QWERTY?
    i agree i really enjoy my pre it has its short comings but it is by far the best phone ive ever owned. although we shouldnt have to install apps and patches to make it function the way it should its so easy to do i dont see what the big deal is with some ppl that post in this forum
    Quote Originally Posted by rog47776 View Post
    I am not a F@nB0y, however I am a fan and shameless promoter whenever possible. Palm is one of the few companies out there that are small enough to reach out to, and brave enough to put a product in a market place dominated by companies so much larger...

It's not that I don't think Palm has made mistakes with the Pre / webOS, but they really are listening and trying to do the right thing. Look at IBM, Apple, MS, etc... They have made gigantic mistakes and rely completely on devs with vision, not the customers.

I guess my point is this... I am all for constructive criticism, not destructive. Palm is an underdog that is taking on the giants. I would rather support them because of the opportunity they give us, the users.
    I, too, would rather support Palm, which is why I bought the Pre in the first place.

But I can't sit idly by and see them not only HAVE MADE mistakes, but continue to make them and be silent. Let me be clear: I want Palm to prosper. There are only really two forward-thinking American companies that make the handsets and the software to run natively on them. Apple is the other, and while they knocked it out of the park with the iPhone, that experience is already old, passive and stale to me.

WebOS promised a more active, alive, and vibrant experience all-around, and it has only half-delivered. "Trying to do the right thing" doesn't help me when I can't install more than a handful of apps without reaching the limit. Or when I miss phone calls because of the weak radio and/or the laggy phone app. Or when I can only run 1-2 cards for an extended period of time before getting the "Too Many Cards" error. Or when they release a device going BACKWARD in specs while all of their competitors are moving forward and dropping superior devices into the same price range.

I love the Pre and WebOS enough so that I will never let up on things I think they're doing wrong. Call it tough love, but at least it's real and healthy.
    Nice post!

Some people just aren't happy unless they're complaining. I think it makes them feel important. I particularly get a kick out of the posts that address Palm directly and tell Palm what to do, e.g. "Palm, you need to get video recording RIGHT NOW!". Also amusing are the one's that tell Palm to implement something which Palm has no control over such as, "Palm, get Flash working NOW! Or I'm leaving." (Since when did Palm develop Flash?) Almost as silly as a kid holding his breath until he gets what he wants. And I could go on...

I think it would be fun to start a thread just listing these kinds of patterns. Heck, we could start a whole thread of templates for the whiners. Then when a whiner wants to post, s/he could abbreviate their posts by simply refering to a particular feature and which template they wish to use. "Um, I wish to complain about Flash using Template 3. kthxbye"

If you don't laugh at them you'll just drive yourself crazy with the frustration.
    Last edited by ronlongo; 11/18/2009 at 08:09 AM.
    ^what he said. It is contructive criticism.
    Quote Originally Posted by rog47776 View Post

i agree just look at my signature
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    +1 to OP (rog47776)
    I like the concept of the Pre. I like the OS, I like the slide out keyboard, I like the decently sized multitouch screen. I feel webOS has a lot of promise, but I also feel they didn't release it on the best hardware. I'm on my 5th phone now, if this were an auto manufacturer, there would have been a massive recall by now. Palm is LUCKY that the news of so many phone replacements isn't all over the place.
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post
    Here's a 1G iPhone review to keep things in perspective.

iPhone Review | Terry White's Tech Blog
    Honestly, that was 2 years ago and from what I read iphone 2g was better at launch than pre especially for its time.

I am rooting for palm but like the writer said in that article I am not gonna pat palm on their back for trying, this is not the special olympics!