1.    #1  
    Well, after using that mvapp and mvapp doctor and moved a few things around I decided to see how much my pre could take before bogging down.

Here's the apps I ran at the same time:

Calender
    messaging
    camera
    phone app
    weather app
    email
    agenda
    music remix
    facebook
    battery monitor
    calculator
    pdf viewer with pdf book opened
    classic

and the Pre is still running fairly smoothly with all those apps open. This is one powerful phone.
    i ran up to 21 cards the other day and was still able to browse the net... just tried it for fun. too many cards message came on number 22. i was surprised i got that many, i have no patches to improve speed or memory.
    I also had 20 cards up and was also on precentral.net, with know lag.
    wow, maybe I should return my phone, because the web browser bogs down for me if I have some web pages and email cards open.

Def. not "no lag"
    Hmmm... Since 1.3.1, I've been having some difficulties keeping more than 4 or 5 cards open at a time without getting the out-of-memory error. Definitely fewer than with earlier builds. Maybe a trip to the doctor is in order...
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Since 1.3.1 I had 17 cards open.
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxdrunkie View Post
    wow, maybe I should return my phone, because the web browser bogs down for me if I have some web pages and email cards open.

Def. not "no lag"
    Completely depends on what web site you are on. Some web sites take tons of memory to fully render.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    All depends on what I have open. The web browser limits me to 4 or 5 usually if it has been open a while and jumping through several pages. Also, Tweefree seems to suck up some memory and when that is open along with the web browser....yikes, those two and maybe a third card at best with no problems. Other then that though, I have been up to twelve plus several times with no problem.
  9.    #9  
    I wonder if Palm is going to change the memory usage in future patches. It seems that people are needing some work arounds for improved performance. ah well, so long as a patch is available, i'm happy.
    I've got:
    Fit Track
    Preware
    The Weather Channel
    Agenda
    YouTube
    GiftJammer
    App Catalog
    Doc View (with excel spread sheet open)
    Solitaire
    gDial Pro
    Camera
    Photo roll
    Music (Remix)
    Contacts
    Calendar
    Dialer
    Messaging
    Stopwatch/Timer
    Flashlight app

If I try to open anything else I get the too many cards message. each app that is open works fine, maybe a little extra lag in the photo app. I wonder how fast it would drain the battery if I left them all open during the day?
    It depends on the website. When playing Mafia Wars thru Facebook, I can get the "too many cards" or even "memory critical" errors with just that one browser page open and nothing else running.
    Well mine will have 4 or 5 then give the "too many cards open" message. problem is when i close them all sometimes it will still have message open. any reason for this? i have the reset button app on there and before the 1.3.1 update i could use this to reset the phone then it would work fine. now when i try to use the reset button it will show message again. tried deleting music so now i have 5.1 gb free on phone. any suggestions? thnx in advance

Pandora, Tasks, Photos, MyQ for Netflix, Zilch Lite, Flixster, Tweed, Lights Out, Web browser on Facebook, Sprint app, Clock, Calculator, Preware, The Weather Channel, Memos, Music, Messaging, Calendar, Email, Gdial Pro, Contacts, Eve Skill Tracker, Preopoly, Dope Wars, Checkers

Edit: 26. I just opened the phone app.
    Last edited by Version_3; 11/19/2009 at 09:51 AM.
    I got exactly 30 apps running right now before I got the "Too Many Cards" message. I even double checked my count. I restarted my pre last night though. I'm sure after running 30 apps I'll have a lot of memory leaks though LOL.
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Hmmm... Since 1.3.1, I've been having some difficulties keeping more than 4 or 5 cards open at a time without getting the out-of-memory error. Definitely fewer than with earlier builds. Maybe a trip to the doctor is in order...
    As an update to this, if anyone hasn't yet seen it there's an update to Switcharoo for a memory leak. Since I applied it, I can now open the usual number of cards without issue. In fact, it might indeed be an improvement.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic