• 1, came with the Pre

59 50.86%
  • 2, bough one extra

40 34.48%
  • 3, or more

17 14.66%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just wondering, not meant to be anything deeper.

I personally have 4, 2 ($15 each) are from my Centro, 1 original came with the Pre, bought another OEM black one from ebay for $10.
    I have one extra, that a guy working at Sprint gave me. I also have work & home Touchstones, a car charger & a travel charger in my briefcase.

I never sweat power (& rarely use the spare battery or travel charger).
    I have the original, and I just purchased an OEM as a spare.
    Unfortunately, I have three....The factory battery, the BIG Seidio replacement battery that I used for awhile (and loved), and the normal sized Seidio with about 17% more capacity than the factory battery that I went to after I had a USB port crack on my original Pre, and decided I needed to shift to Touchstone charging.
    Mike B in OKlahoma

Palm V-->Palm Vx-->Palm m505-->Garmin iQue3600-->Treo 650-->Treo 755p-->Palm Pre

I only have one right now but a spare battery is going to happen. I'm just not sure how I'm going to handle the recharging logistics. I don't like the spare battery charger for sale on precentral, its pretty ugly.
    I only have the original but I'm going to put together a Pre Kit that I can throw in my bag or whatever.

Extra battery
    headphones
    microfiber cloth
    spare case
    couple extra screen shields
    usb cable...

7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsyeltzin View Post
    I only have one right now but a spare battery is going to happen. I'm just not sure how I'm going to handle the recharging logistics. I don't like the spare battery charger for sale on precentral, its pretty ugly.
    i would just get a $5 one from ebay. they do a decent job.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsyeltzin View Post
    I don't like the spare battery charger for sale on precentral, its pretty ugly.
    I agree, its too bad they didn't design an extra slot into the Touchstone that would take an extra battery. I think they would sell a lot more of them if they offered that.
    I recently bought a spare battery as a back-up for traveling so I now have two "stock" batteries, two Touchstones and a Sprint car charger. Having a TS at home and at work keeps me juiced even on heavy usage days and I've only used the car charger once. The back-up is just that, a safety net if I need it but so far I haven't had to use it.
    two..i have insurance on my phone..had the screen crack issue...took my old phone to the sprint store to trade for the new one that was shiped there and forgot my battery at home..i giess they had extra pre batteries because there was issues with the battery in the 1st pre's. they gave me another one and just told me to keep it =D...well wait, centro batteries work in the pre?? Well then, i have four- two from my old centro. =)
    I was looking into a spare battery like the Seido but heard that there are other companies also. Like the Mugen battery which I believe is rated at 1400 mah.
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    I also bought a 2nd battery as a safety net for traveling. It's been useful on the days where I'm on the road for most of the day; especially since I use it to listen to podcasts and watch videos on flights...
    Current device: Palm Pre
    Former devices: Treo 755p, Treo 650
    I have a Seido Extended battery (2600 mAh) and that's all you need...Heavy use last me a whole day(10am-3am with 30% left) and light use last me 1 1/2 to 2 days...I love this battery and the extended Seido case....
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by cheiiballz View Post
    batteries work in the pre?? Well then, i have four- two from my old centro. =)
    my centro battery works in Pre. but always started at about 80%, maybe its just old.

i also have avoided charging centro batteries while in the Pre (which I have no idea if it is necessary). i have a battery charger previously purchased for the centro.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    I have a spare battery, but when I change the battery, the only way to get the phone to startup is to plug it in. Does anyone else have this very annoying issue. It sort of defeats the purpose of having a spare.
    I have the original and an extended Seido battery. I keep one charged up in my purse just in case.
    Quote Originally Posted by DjSpecs View Post
    I have a Seido Extended battery (2600 mAh) and that's all you need...Heavy use last me a whole day(10am-3am with 30% left) and light use last me 1 1/2 to 2 days...I love this battery and the extended Seido case....

I to have that battery. best purchase ive made this year....makes the whole pre experience that much more enjoyable...
    I have 2 oem batteries .When i replace my first phone i pull the battery out They ask me if I have the battery on hand ,and i say no and the tech says "dont worry the replacement phone come with a new battery'.Plus the seidio battery i bought for when I travel.
    Have 5 batteries, all stock

1. Original with unit
    2. Given to me by Sprint Salesman when I bought the phone
    3. Given to me by Sprint Salesman when I bought the phone
    4. From 800w I had, same battery
    5. From 800w I had, same battery (currently missing, missplaced it somewhere)
    Touchstone
    Clie>Treo 600p> Treo 650p>Treo 755p>Treo 800w>Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    I just have the one battery that came with it and no TSs. I bought 3 micro USB cables plus a car charger from monoprice.com, all for less than $10 delivered. Pretty much anywhere I go, I now have easy access to power. When I travel on business, I use my laptop for power on planes, trains, etc. I have 5-6 laptop batteries that stay charged in my bag at all times.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast