Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1.    #1  
    Title explains it. My phone was draining battery oddly in a massive fashion so I restarted the phone (I've got 1.3.1) and now it won't turn on at all. Even if its plugged into the outlet or usb charger, the battery icon won't even show up (the red battery charging thing).

    I've tried reseating the battery and whatnot but nothing. Computer doesn't recognize it so I know its not turning on and that the screen is dead.

    Any ideas?
  2. #2  
    If your battery is very low,it will take some time (minutes,not seconds) before the phone will start up;something to do with the battery needing a certain amount of charge before it will start.
  3.    #3  
    I've had it on the outlet for about 20 minutes. Had it on the PC for about 10 minutes.

    This is my second Pre so... Perhaps its time to get a third. I really just hope they don't make me wait a day because I need a phone working... I do have my old Razr 2 V9m...
  4. billy54554's Avatar
    Posts
    2 Posts
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    #4  
    The same thing happened to me. Just finished a call, phone went to sleep and could not get it to come back on. Would not respond to anything, calls, texts, or emails. The only way I could get it come back on was to pull the battery then replace. Pressing power button restored the device. Not sure what caused it but I cant have it happen while I'm on call for my job. Any ideas?
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by icecubefosho View Post
    I've had it on the outlet for about 20 minutes. Had it on the PC for about 10 minutes.

    This is my second Pre so... Perhaps its time to get a third. I really just hope they don't make me wait a day because I need a phone working... I do have my old Razr 2 V9m...
    i think 30 minutes waiting is normal for a extremely drained battery to come back, I would worry about it after an hour.
  6.    #6  
    Well I put my tongue to the gold connectors that touch the battery as its plugged in and I did receive a shock so that means the mechanics of the charging/usb port are not the problem... Well most likely.

    I put my tongue to the battery and felt even more of a charge so thats outputting electricity.

    Guess what? Now it works... I just had to lick it... Wow hahahah.

Posting Permissions