Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    I have been getting frequent dropped calls from Sprint at my home. I'm too stuck on the WebOS to switch at this point, but when Verizon has a device available in a couple of months...

So, what would I be able to do with a decommissioned Palm Pre? I'm assuming that I would still be able to use WIFI, backup to Palm, etc. Is that right? Anybody canceled their Sprint service yet?

I haven't given up hope with Sprint. I love the price and except for these dropped calls at home I am otherwise very happy with the service. But, if the dropped calls continue through the new year I will have to reconsider. I was hoping to move the whole family from ATT to Sprint when our last contract expires next month, but may need to consider waitin gfor Verizon to support a WebOS device.
    You should call up Sprint and complain and say that since your contract is ending you'll defiantly leave and their only redeeming feature is the Pre.

What they'll do is probably give you an Air Wave, (AirRave?) which normally is like $120 and an additional service fee for each month, but some people on this forum have gotten it completely free.

What it does is creates a mini cell tower in your home so you'll have no problem getting full bars whenever your at home, and it's a real steal if you can get it free.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    You can go to your sprint store and they can set up a trouble ticket for you. If a RF technician deems that you have poor coverage in your house you may be elligible for a FREE Airrave. This is a signal booster that would improve your signal strength in your house to 5 bars all the time. As long as you have an internet connection you would be able to use the Airrave and if they decide you need one there would be no cost associated with it.

Check it out Good Luck
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    I've have to call Sprint. I am barely getting one or two bars in my office -- although sometimes will got to 3. I con't figure out how it can got change so much in short time.

I had read about these Airrave things, but as I recall they were asking $5 a month on top of the purchase price. With 3 lines that was going to be an additional $15/mo. I've already calculated that Verizon would only be $20 more a month. So, if my dropped calls continue and I can't get Airrave for free I will probably think really hard about Verizon. Now that I know I will have to push for a free Airrave.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    speak to account services and let them know what you are thinking. the are the people that can help you out. but don't forget to get the ticket put in for the rf tech to verify your problem.