Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    has anyone had an issue with this? the power button on my pre seems to be stuck and wont turn on/off the phone screen
    --
    Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    If my post was helpful please thank me!

Linux/Palm Pre HELP can be found at:
    http://www.crombiez.com

-intro.
  2. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Yes. The mechanism that suspends the button is broken. Take it where you purchased it and they should replace it under manufacturers warranty without cost to you.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    i just came from there and they said it couldnt be repaired because it wasnt a known issue and it would cost me 50 to make a claim this is bs and to top it off it's the old store i used to work at
    --
    Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.

-intro.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    has anyone disected or tried to manually fix this problem or might have insight as to how?
    --

-intro.
    take it back to a sprint service center and they will replace it. had 3 replaced for the same issue and some others at no charge
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    Same thing has happened to me...I can still press really hard onto it and it works though and I mean really hard. Don't want to start over with my phone, so holding off for as long as I can....
    This happened to mine. I propped off the button (its easily removable) & placed a small piece of folded paper under it. It made the button 'pushable' again. Cheap fix, but it works & is unnoticeable.
    Follow Me On

Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    the same thing happened to me last month and i put a piece of paper under it and it worked fine.
  9. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by intro View Post
    i just came from there and they said it couldnt be repaired because it wasnt a known issue and it would cost me 50 to make a claim this is bs and to top it off it's the old store i used to work at
    Don't take "no" for an answer. It is a known issue. Did you buy from a Sprint corporate store or from a third party reseller?
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    This happened to me also, I was able to exchange mine with no questions
  11. Vij
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by intro View Post
    It's very much a known issue. I've read in a number of other places that people get replacements for this issue... unless you drop your Pre right on the power button like in did

In any case, prying off the power button, placing a small piece of folded up paper on top of the switch contact, and then replacing the button works like a charm.
    Another one here for "happened to me and got mine replaced". Loving this refurbished one too, so I wouldn't worry about new vs. refurb.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    this is a known problem and you can get a replacement. I for one am too lazy to get a refurb for this problem. I solved this problem using a piece of rubber from a pencil since it has better give than paper and bouces back to original shape after many decompressions.
    i used a small shred of foam on mines and it works fine not as clicky like but none the less works fine
    Tired of having phones replaced, I used a "small" piece of a pencile eraser, its worked fine like this for 6 months, forgot I even did it. Its a very tight space to work with.
    For the people who got a replacement did they replacement the entire phone or just that one piece? I have a phantom skinz on mine and i don't want to reorder a new one just cause of the power button.
    Quote Originally Posted by aznxcp4lyfez View Post
    For the people who got a replacement did they replacement the entire phone or just that one piece? I have a phantom skinz on mine and i don't want to reorder a new one just cause of the power button.
    The entire phone, but why not? It's free...
    Quote Originally Posted by aznxcp4lyfez View Post
    I took it in and they replaced the button in about 20 minutes.
  19. PrX
    I had this issue two days ago but today I tried solution from this topic. Of course problem solved Thank you very much, PreCentral users!
    Best regards,
    PrX
    This happened to me too. Even though I was out of my warranty, Sprint was quick to fix it in about 3 minutes.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast