Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    it is unacceptable that a phone has so much lag. A 20 dollar cell phone works better as a phone than the Pre.

Fix it or lose me as a customer!

Nothing else matters if you can't use your Phone as a phone Palm........

How can Gdial work better than the Phone app?
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bignoze View Post
    it is unacceptable that a phone has so much lag. A 20 dollar cell phone works better as a phone than the Pre.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxLOL View Post
    lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    What good is a man if he can not change the world?
    Kingdom of Heaven
    I dont have an issue with it besides a small theme glitch, have you tried doctoring to 1.2.1 and upgrading fresh?
    (holds door open) then go......

I have no problems with any lag on my phone (I had a small lag with the swipe going back just on messages prior to the update).
    I found that since the update there's no real lag at all... Have you done anything to customize your phone?
    i have a BIG lag problem going on now. does anyone know of any patches will cause this?
    My HTC Evo Is Great...
    Quote Originally Posted by bignoze View Post

If you're unsatisfied with the phone and think a $20 cell works better, then SEE YA!!! Come back and give us a apples-to-apples comparison on that $20 phone, will ya?
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    lots of hate up in here ........I love my Pre but the Phone app is unacceptable.
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxLOL View Post
    bahahahaha!
    This signature for rent
    so what did you do to your phone as far as new apps or patches . The phone app works great just maybe you got a bad app or patch install
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    bignoze - If the phone issue is a deal breaker for you, you would be better off bringing it to Palm. Though I do not personally have any issues with the Phone app, I wouldn't say that my expectations are the same as yours. This community is pretty good at helping where we can, but when you post something here that we either do not see as a problem, or we cannot fix it we do tend to get a little perturbed.

I for one do not mind helping where I can, and I cannot stand people crapping on threads when they don't agree, are bored, or otherwise don't see the value in a thread.

The phone app is an issue for bignoze, so if you have anything to add to the conversation that might lead to a solution, please do so. Otherwise, it's night night time.... er... sleepy bye.... um... goodnight to the thread.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    The phone app is like any other app. If there's no memory left or there's a big garbage collection going, it will lag regardless of the importance of responding to a call.
    Mods need to start cracking down on thread crapping.
    Quote Originally Posted by mmcnamara43 View Post
    i have a BIG lag problem going on now. does anyone know of any patches will cause this?
    If you've updated with patches or a theme installed that's probably the source, you have to Dr. your pre.

Otherwise it could be anything, restart and see how it is for you.

Also realize you can speak from the point you answer a call, you don't have to wait for the app to open, and an easy solution is to use multitasking, leave the phone app open and your shouldn't have a problem.

The phone app is amazing on a nice clean 1.3.1 Pre.
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    I am doctoring it right now.....lets see. But i have never thought it was good and 1.31 seemed to be slower. I will report back.
    No lag at all in my phone app. I think themeing and patching must be what causes lag in the phone app because I have never experienced it.

In fact I borrowed my friends iphone to call my voice mail at lunch (left the Pre on my Desk) and was amazed at how much lag the iphone phone app had. I thought I had miss dialed because it took about 30 seconds to even started ringing.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    In all seriousness (because as much as I have supported and will continue to support the Pre, I am equally disenchanted about the Phone app's performance), 1.3.1 has been a mixed bag for me. Some things are faster, some slower, and some--you guessed it--just about the same.

However, the Phone app is one of the improvements. For me, it's much quicker, speed dials work more consistently, and so far hanging up does just that--hangs up. It's been refreshing. And my Pre was patched, had patches removed, and wasn't doctored immediately before or since installing 1.3.1.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Not to sound like a lil biatch but one thing that ****es me off is having to restart the phone because the pin pad is not there when I unlock the phone or it takes almost 10 seconds for the dial pad to come up.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast