Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by bignoze View Post
    Still has lag........Palm fix the phone app. Pre is a phone first, pda second, and a toy third.

Call me a cry baby all you want.
    *Actually, the Pre is a web browser 1st, Pandora player 2nd, maybe a phone 3rd and certainly not a PDA at all.
    I'm no expert but I noticed that if my finger (heat sensitive touch pad remember) is touching any part of the screen the lag happens and/or the call screen app will flick back. I am learning that my fingers other than what I am using to dial or clear the app need to not touch the screen.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by basscadet View Post
    Wow this thread is really shameful.

Anyone who doesn't think the Phone app for the Pre is a huge piece of ****** has obviously never used any of the other smartphones on the market right now. It is incredibly laggy and unresponsive. Half the time I swipe it away it just pops right back on my screen for no reason.
    Obviously you have never used a Windows Mobile phone. I find that the Pre phone app is no more laggy than any of the Windows Mobile phones i have used in the last 2 years or so.
    Quote Originally Posted by dragbug View Post
    Obviously you have never used a Windows Mobile phone. I find that the Pre phone app is no more laggy than any of the Windows Mobile phones i have used in the last 2 years or so.
    Never had an HTC Touch (also winmo), did you.
    I experienced phone app lag toda as well. While in a call to voice mail, I tried clicking 7 to delete, and nothing happened. Took 5 seconds for the phone to come back to life and let me do my thing. Very annoying, and really should not be an issue, as I had nothing running in the background.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    Never had an HTC Touch (also winmo), did you.

Yes, I had the HTC Touch, Touch Pro and recently the Touch Pro 2. Admittedly, the TP2 was better but certainly not lag free.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    ever since the update my phone lags. i can have 4 cards open. i flick finger on screen to close two cards and it takes 4-5 seconds for the next card to move front screen. this started after the update. phone freezes (non responsive) at times for 5-8 seconds then comes back. opening web pages, it will load about 90% and freeze. in the past i could load a page and as it approaches 90% load i could double tap to zoom and it would scale up. now it freezes. this is frustrating.. is everyone have these issue i described? I never had these issues prior to 1.3.1.
    I wont leave, my I agree the phone app sucks, it is so damn laggy, I wish had videos of how ridiculous it is sometimes.
    I'm having some trouble with the device being laggy as well, notably since 1.3.1. Mine isn't specific to any one app, however, and I'm beginning to suspect it may be a calibration issue. I know there were upgrades to the responsiveness of the GUI, and I'm wondering if some of those upgrades may have affected the calibration of the touch screen. One user (please forgive me for not quoting you!) mentioned the need to ensure that you are only touching the screen with the finger you are using; I know I am guilty of Finger-Dragging myself. *must remember that multi-touch does not apply to EVERYTHING, LOL*

I know we have access to some basic software/hardware diagnostics through the Device Info app. I also know included in those diagnostics is a calibration test for the touch screen. Running that may provide some relief for some of the general lag issues. Also, something I (and most of the Pre-user world) have noticed is the obscene print-magnetism of our pretty little devices. I've made a habit of being extra cautious about touching my phone with dirty hands as little as possible, and cleaning it often. It makes a HUGE difference in the responsiveness of the screen. Those soft, microfiber cloths you can acquire for a dollar or two at most retailers for cleaning glasses are wonderful to keep about for on-the-go cleans, and I've also taken to carrying a small container of cleaning solution designed for electronic devices in my bag for when the cloth just isn't cutting it. I'll include a link to the one I have at the end of the post, it's quite brilliant.

I don't know of a fix specifically for the phone app. These things are mini-computers, really. I clear my call history often, especially when I've been heavy on phone calls, and that seems to help sometimes, notably in the loading, dialing, and closing of the app. I suspect it works much like clearing the cache on a web-browser. As for the actual connecting of the call, well, Sprint are really the only ones who can do anything about that, unfortunately.

Hope this helps someone. I'm off to calibrate and see if that helps anything. I'll let you all know if it does!

Here's a link to the cleaner I carry for both my laptop and Pre: Gel Screen/Monitor Cleaner for PC/Laptop, Squeegee Applicator and Spray Bottle - Sold as 1 Each - Compare Prices, Product Reviews, and Product Specs The cleaner gel-fluid itself is removable and refillable, although it is is so effective that even after a year and a half of steady use I still have more than 3/4 of it left.

~Kelly

"Two things are infinite: the universe, and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." ~Albert Einstein
    Quote Originally Posted by rykatemom View Post
    Also, something I (and most of the Pre-user world) have noticed is the obscene print-magnetism of our pretty little devices. I've made a habit of being extra cautious about touching my phone with dirty hands as little as possible, and cleaning it often. It makes a HUGE difference in the responsiveness of the screen.
    This is a great point. I find it's helpful to understand how things work to be a good user. The touchscreen operates by sensing a change in electrical properties caused by the electrical connection between your finger and sensors embedded in the screen. Anything that interferes with the electrical connection between your finger and the screen, including an insulating layer of grease, will make it appear less responsive. So keep that puppy clean!
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Quote Originally Posted by Version_3 View Post
    That flowchart had me laughing for quite some time. That chart is great!!! Props for it!!!!
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Achill3s, that is SO full of win I cannot begin to express it!

ROTFLMFAO. I needed that laugh.

~Kelly

"Two things are infinite: the universe, and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." ~Albert Einstein
    Quote Originally Posted by basscadet View Post
    Wow this thread is really shameful.

Anyone who doesn't think the Phone app for the Pre is a huge piece of ****** has obviously never used any of the other smartphones on the market right now. It is incredibly laggy and unresponsive. Half the time I swipe it away it just pops right back on my screen for no reason.
    Exact same thing with my phone app!! I'll hang up and flick the card away, just to have it pop back up within a few seconds. One time the card kept popping back, and did it like 5 times in a row.

I've also had issues with it grabbing a call after i tapped the answer button, or not hang up when I hit the hang up button.
    This thread is more junk than useful.

Note to All:
    Thread Crapping - Useless Posts that are meant for nothing more than to Taunt, are a direct Forum Violation.

And though it's not an excuse; threads that sound more like a Rant than a request for help (Palm Sucks, Pre is Crap, I'm Leaving, Palm is Dying, Pre = Fail) can easily be seen as Forum Crapping. If someone wants to be taken seriously, then their post needs to demonstrate that, or it will easily solicit 'Thread Crapping' Not an excuse, but more of a 'Cause and Effect.'

Pre|C wasn't set-up for a Place for all disgruntled Palm users to Stomp their feet, and scream at Palm.

We are designed as a Place where other Palm users can come together and try, between one another, to find solutions.

Anyone is welcome to start another thread with the concerns of this Thread Topic.
    But this thread is Closed.
    Just call me Berd.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123