1.    #1  
    Anybody have a clue when we might get some basic missing features that are on other devices? Particularly:

• Arrow on current location indicating direction of travel
    • Ability to save favorite locations

That is all.
    shoot what a tease, I thought you had info about an update.
    Me too. I was like "What? There's an update? Yeah!". Oh well.
    Google has been doing lots of stuff and updating it on their mobile site. You can probably find some stuff there. Not sure about direction (since you'd need compass capability) but saved places would be nice.
  4. cwb
    i happened to try google maps after buying a replacement centro and Google maps won't connect. it has always worked for me and i just did a back up man restore on the new phone. i also went to downloads and reinstalled it. It says loading...and then i get an error message that say i must have a data connection (I do, unlimited on Sprint) and network timeout. Can anyone help with this?
  5. cwb
    sorry meant to post in palm os disregard
    I'd like to see some better integration.... This app feels very mobile dumbphone like rather then high end. The lists are NOT fluint at all. You can't flick the list, its laggy, stiff and sluggish. The map is not very interactive. Rather then get little pop up info with mini options you get a simple header that is always on top and clicking on it doesn't even give you iptions to save to contacts. This app feels more like a mobile version ported to webos then one designed for webos. Actually, the fact that it updated without an update previously, makes me wonder how much of an app this is? Is it because of the web based sdk that this lacks so much in features and fluency?
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    I guess I'll chime in with my wish. Traffic from satellite view.
    FYI: My Pre is as plain vanilla as the day it came out of the box...
    I was using (or trying to) google maps last night while in the car. The app was COMPLETELY unresponsive when any notification popped up. Totally annoying when you are looking and scrolling through a map, and a notification lags you for 5 seconds.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Boggs3010 View Post
    shoot what a tease, I thought you had info about an update.
    That was my strategy to get some eyeballs on my post :-p
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by bill.millett View Post
    Me too. I was like "What? There's an update? Yeah!". Oh well.
    Google has been doing lots of stuff and updating it on their mobile site. You can probably find some stuff there. Not sure about direction (since you'd need compass capability) but saved places would be nice.
    No you don't. I'm not talking real compass, I'm talking about generally figuring it out based on the direction the dot is currently moving. Maps did this on my blackberry curve. Since while driving, I'll typically only look down at google maps when stopped at an intersection, it kinda sucks to not know which way I'm facing at that intersection :-\
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    great title, bro
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Pinch zoom is very cool, but "+" and "-" zoom buttons would be really nice so I can have at least ONE hand on the steering wheel.
    KML support please!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by edlex View Post
    I guess I'll chime in with my wish. Traffic from satellite view.
    Since a lot of the satellite images are older than 5 years (around my house at least), I am not sure traffic from those would be very helpful. :-D