1.    #1  
    After 1.3.1 when I place my phone on the touch stone or I get an email all i hear is the first note of the tone that's supposed to play

anyone else?
    Quote Originally Posted by scrupul0us View Post
    After 1.3.1 when I place my phone on the touch stone or I get an email all i hear is the first note of the tone that's supposed to play

anyone else?
    Spoken directions are cut off in Sprint Navigation (TeleNav). I know that's a 'known issue' (at least on these forums). I don't know about other sounds but I haven't had that affect me that I've noticed.

/Kevin
    Yeah, for some reason, there is a bug with alerts in 1.3.1. I think I've seen it if you Pre is busy (focusing a picture or in the process of dimming the screen) and you get a text message, the alert is cutoff half-way through it. It almost sounds broken.

I've yet to report it to Palm cuz it's not easily duplicated.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Yeah, for some reason, there is a bug with alerts in 1.3.1. I think I've seen it if you Pre is busy (focusing a picture or in the process of dimming the screen) and you get a text message, the alert is cutoff half-way through it. It almost sounds broken.

I've yet to report it to Palm cuz it's not easily duplicated.

This is exactly what is happening to me half alert on one and the other one is badly muffled I had to change it. Oh well, I'll patiently wait till one of the supergeniuses we have here creat a patch to fix it before palm does...
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    This "cut-off" or "broken" txt message sound has always been there for me since day one. When I get a txt message and have the message card open, I hear the "broken" sound, then no message appears for 3-4 seconds. Almost as if the CPU is struggling to keep up?? Really annoying and shouldn't be happening with a phone like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by fletch259 View Post
    This "cut-off" or "broken" txt message sound has always been there for me since day one. When I get a txt message and have the message card open, I hear the "broken" sound, then no message appears for 3-4 seconds. Almost as if the CPU is struggling to keep up?? Really annoying and shouldn't be happening with a phone like this.
    Wow, that stinks. It just started hapenning after 1.3.1...
    Quote Originally Posted by fletch259 View Post
    I think that is a different problem. I've seen that one as well but the one being described here is different. Palm did change the text alert (by adding customization to text alerts).

This is not the only thread to report this same problem after 1.3.1. Several threads surfaced after 1.3.1 about this same problem.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by scrupul0us View Post

anyone else?
    Happened to me too. I removed those tones, set back to something else, then put the tones back on, and chose them again and that fixed the problem. For my alerts, I've also changed from mp3 to wav. Not sure if that helped or not, but I figured not having to uncompress and play for short files like that might help.

It may have to do with volume and clipping too. It seems the tones I was using, the whole thing was playing, but it became mute right after the first peak.

Good luck.
  9.    #9  
    how did you remove the tones? the only ones that I can configure are my ringtone and my txt msg tone... both of these work fine... its all other alerts/sounds that are borked