Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I don't listen to Pandora much cuz I still have time left on Sirius sub that came with my 2010 Fusion, but it was trippy having the Sprint Nav call the turns while muting the Pandora stream. There used to be a nasty bug with the Pre's Bluetooth staying locked to the car when you were a quarter-mile away, but a firmware update fixed that nicely.
    Someone asked for a Touch Stone mounted in a Ford Fusion?

I used the Palm OEM car charger and just tucked the cable in between the head unit and the soft dash. Then i used an old GPS mounting disk to secure the Touch Stone to the Dash. Took about 10 mins to setup and it works like a dream!

Timmay
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Anyone know any after market systems that will play music/calls through bluetooth including pandora?
    Almost any headunit that has Bluetooth will have A2DP functionality. That's what you want to look for.

Tim
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    The Pre works flawlessly as a basic stereo bluetooth device in the Ford SYNC system. That's about it, however. In every other area, however, the Pre is sorely lacking:

1. The Pre is not supported by Ford SYNC as a USB drive. Hence, the only way to play the Pre's music is through bluetooth, so one has to take the phone and physically start up the music app on the Pre, itself, anytime he wants to listen to music loaded on the Pre.

2. No SMS sync support. The Ford SYNC has the awesome ability to display SMS texts on the main screen, via bluetooth sync. But, nope, the Pre once again is not supported.
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by modestdave View Post
    The Pre works flawlessly as a basic stereo bluetooth device in the Ford SYNC system. That's about it, however. In every other area, however, the Pre is sorely lacking:

1. The Pre is not supported by Ford SYNC as a USB drive. Hence, the only way to play the Pre's music is through bluetooth, so one has to take the phone and physically start up the music app on the Pre, itself, anytime he wants to listen to music loaded on the Pre.

2. No SMS sync support. The Ford SYNC has the awesome ability to display SMS texts on the main screen, via bluetooth sync. But, nope, the Pre once again is not supported.
    Is this accurate? With the 2010 Ford Sync, do you select music from the phone or from the car radio? Has 1.4 changed anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by LinT View Post
    Is this accurate? With the 2010 Ford Sync, do you select music from the phone or from the car radio? Has 1.4 changed anything?
    I don't have Ford Sync, but my understanding of it is this. You can connect your Pre to it in A2DP mode. Then you use the music app on the Pre to play music, though the "advance track" and those sort of functions on the car stereo will work, because of AVRCP.

Or, you can (maybe) hook up the device in USB drive mode to the car, and then the car's music player will work, and you select songs on the car, but then you're disabling all of the Pre's phone features.
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    i see. is that a limitation of the Pre (bluetooth) or of SYNC?
    Can't wait to replace my F150 4X (which I love) with a 2011 F250 4X Diesel with Ford sync.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LinT View Post
    i see. is that a limitation of the Pre (bluetooth) or of SYNC?
    Its a phone limitation. The Pre just doesn't support the bluetooth protocols needed for those features right now. Palm really needs to take a week and upgrade the bluetooth stack.
    It wasn't me officer, I swear.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12