Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    I dont know if its 1.3.1 update or what, but when your screen was locked before, and you were entering your code, it had 4 boxes that the numbers went to, and if you entered it correctly then the phone unlocked.

Now you have to hit "done" to access phone, no auto unlock.

I would like to see a patch to take it back to how it was before...just enter your code and phone is unlocked.
    Global Posts
    337 Global Posts
    Well the thing is they have expanded the pin lock so that it can be more complex (more than 4 numbers)
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by atlanta View Post
    Well the thing is they have expanded the pin lock so that it can be more complex (more than 4 numbers)
    Thats all well and good, but I would still like it to just unlock once my code is entered.
    LOL I only use the automated lock that happens when it turns the screen off and just slide the open. I don't know (on any phone I've had) I've actually had a number that I used to lock. Guess I'm just not that concerned.
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cowgirlupkelly View Post
    LOL I only use the automated lock that happens when it turns the screen off and just slide the open. I don't know (on any phone I've had) I've actually had a number that I used to lock. Guess I'm just not that concerned.
    Well put a Pre in your pocket and see how many apps and calls get made LOL

Plus, my phone is left out on my desk alot, and I dont need anyone else answering it or accessing my phone; as well as my kids at home
    I put it in my pocket all the time (oh and I wear very tight jeans). When I click off the backlight it automatically locks and when I tap the turn on backlight I have a unlock box I just drag up to unlock.

I have never been concerned about it ever. I leave my phone on my desk all day too. I don't have kids at home though.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    The thing is, the way they do it now is far more secure, which I think is their reasoning on this issue. That said, there might be a patch for what you want. Did you check Preware?
    Quote Originally Posted by mastercko View Post
    The thing is, the way they do it now is far more secure, which I think is their reasoning on this issue. That said, there might be a patch for what you want. Did you check Preware?
    The patch would have to have a preassigned digit/character count otherwise it would not know when you're done entering your pin.

I always have my Pre in my back pocket and it has never called or opened an app accidentally.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    plus man its not pressure sensitive like WM phones it senses the heat in your fingers.. mine is in my pocket all day and it never has opened an app... those pin things are to keep your gf out haha their pointless for everyday use.. although i have mine set to turn on after 30min so i can keep my 18month old son out of it if its sitting there.
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stevesrjr View Post
    plus man its not pressure sensitive like WM phones it senses the heat in your fingers.. mine is in my pocket all day and it never has opened an app... those pin things are to keep your gf out haha their pointless for everyday use.. although i have mine set to turn on after 30min so i can keep my 18month old son out of it if its sitting there.
    Well waht ever they sense, my has ome out of my pocket many times with cards open, and calls that have been made.
    Maybe you have a little gremlin in your pocket that is doing all that.
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    Maybe you have a little gremlin in your pocket that is doing all that.
    Hmm might be..why don't ya reach down in there and check for me
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    I put it in my pocket all the time (oh and I wear very tight jeans). When I click off the backlight it automatically locks and when I tap the turn on backlight I have a unlock box I just drag up to unlock.

I have never been concerned about it ever. I leave my phone on my desk all day too. I don't have kids at home though.
    Some Exchange server policy requires pins to lock your phone, you like or not. It confused me the first time I tried to unlock, but I am getting used to it.

1.3.1's lock pad is better, meaning there are less times that you press a number and nothing happens. Before, sometimes I need to press the pin multiple times.
    Palm V -> Treo 600 (lost) -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Pre -> Photon