Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    I thought we would have yahoo with 1.3.1??

I have looked at the post here and I am really confused now?

IS there yahoo messenger available or not? If so Why cant I access it through my IM accounts (its not there as an option)???
    Launch

Preferences & accounts

Add IM Account

GOOGLE TALK

AIM

YAHOO
    are all defautls
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cowgirlupkelly View Post
    Launch

Preferences & accounts

Add IM Account

GOOGLE TALK

AIM

YAHOO
    are all defautls
    YAHOO is not there for me only GOOGLE and AIM
    Last edited by DocHemi; 11/17/2009 at 11:05 AM. Reason: typo
    It is there for me and it came after the update I download the other night.
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    It is there for me and it came after the update I download the other night.
    I never had it there and was hoping after the update last night it would be there..NOPE
    I'm by far not an expert but I thought I read someone said you may need to do a partial reset or something. You might wanna search but not sure if I saw it in this forum or the other Pre forum I am in.
    did you install the messaging patch b4? That might be causing the problems now...
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    I'm by far not an expert but I thought I read someone said you may need to do a partial reset or something. You might wanna search but not sure if I saw it in this forum or the other Pre forum I am in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaurav View Post
    did you install the messaging patch b4? That might be causing the problems now...
    I cleaned out everything and then did the update, never had the patch anyway, and then rest it ..NOTHING
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    has anyone found a way that effectively works to log in i've tried the suggestions on other threads they don't seem to work for me.
    Ok.. I DON'T have the yahoo option when I go to Add IM account, yet I have yahoo as an account in messenger. I never added it. Maybe I did it from contacts. I mean, try adding an account through contacts and sync up. Maybe it wil recognize it and add the accounts to messaging. That option does exist in Contact > Accounts and Preferences > Add an Account. It doesn't appear on the messanging app. At least on my phone. Let me know.
    Last edited by hellbinder; 11/17/2009 at 01:58 PM.
    As oft stated in Highlander... "THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!!!".

What I'm trying to say is, there appears to be a limit of one Yahoo Messenger account. Once one has been entered, the button disappears and you can not add another until you remove the active one. If you delete the existing account, then the button will return.
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericMusings View Post
    What I'm trying to say is, there appears to be a limit of one Yahoo Messenger account. Once one has been entered, the button disappears and you can not add another until you remove the active one. If you delete the existing account, then the button will return.
    Why would anyone have 2 yahoo IM accounts? (shakes head) sorry maybe I'm just not geeky enough. LOL
    Why would anyone have two (or more) email accounts?
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    As oft stated in Highlander... "THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!!!".

I never enterd an account to begin with
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    Why would anyone have two (or more) email accounts?
    me@comcast.net
    me@yahoo.com
    me@gmail.com

you get the picture..you saying you dont have more than one emial account...i bet ya do
    Quote Originally Posted by DocHemi View Post
    me@comcast.net
    me@yahoo.com
    me@gmail.com

you get the picture..you saying you dont have more than one emial account...i bet ya do
    You need to look at the post above mine.

Why would anyone have 2 yahoo IM accounts? (shakes head) sorry maybe I'm just not geeky enough. LOL
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hellbinder View Post
    Ok.. I DON'T have the yahoo option when I go to Add IM account, yet I have yahoo as an account in messenger. I never added it. Maybe I did it from contacts. I mean, try adding an account through contacts and sync up. Maybe it wil recognize it and add the accounts to messaging. That option does exist in Contact > Accounts and Preferences > Add an Account. It doesn't appear on the messanging app. At least on my phone. Let me know.
    I think you missing the point here...

I dont want to access my Yahoo mail account...I want to use YAHOO MESSENGER..just like the apps for chat that are there now for Google and AIM
    Quote Originally Posted by DocHemi View Post
    I never enterd an account to begin with
    Whether you personally entered it or not, does one already exist? If it does, then that is why there is no button visible.
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    Whether you personally entered it or not, does one already exist? If it does, then that is why there is no button visible.
    yes i have an account with yahoo, but never entered it into the phone...therfore there is no way for my pre to know there is an account, thus what your saying wont hold true

And like i said.....I dont want YAHOO MAIL I want to access caht through YAHOO MESSENGER

Open messaging......goto preferences and accounts.....hit ADD IM ACCOUNT.... waht do you see there?

All I get is Google Talk and AIM...NO YAHOO
    I never said I don't have more than 1 e-mail account. I have several HOWEVER I don't have more than 1 IM (instant messaging) account with yahoo.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast