Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I imported all my contacts into google now. Now some contacts are linked to the palm profile contacts and some arent so the same contact shows up twice. Is is sfae to delete the palm profile contacts? Im thinking if I delete them then I wont have dupliactes and who needs the palm profile if im using google?
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    You can also just link the duplicate profiles together so they show up as one. Just tap their name and then select link more profiles.
    I myself just have the google contacts too. I feel it is safer to rely on and easy access to regardless of what I am using than to have it all proprietary and just on palm.
    But it is nice to have backups wherever they may be just as long as you can get to them.
    Just make sure you know what info (if any) is only stored in the Palm profile version of the contact before you unlink and delete.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by drewlee View Post
    You can also just link the duplicate profiles together so they show up as one. Just tap their name and then select link more profiles.
    I myself just have the google contacts too. I feel it is safer to rely on and easy access to regardless of what I am using than to have it all proprietary and just on palm.
    But it is nice to have backups wherever they may be just as long as you can get to them.
    I have over 1450 contacts. It would take forever to link the duplicate contacts! Whatever info I had in my palm profile is now all in google. So Im thinkin there is no need for the palm profile. I just want to make sure its ok to delete the palm profile. I wouldnt want the phone to blow up!
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    Just make sure you know what info (if any) is only stored in the Palm profile version of the contact before you unlink and delete.
    I have to unlink whatever contacts are linked together before deleteing the palm profile?
    Quote Originally Posted by myblackz28 View Post
    I have to unlink whatever contacts are linked together before deleteing the palm profile?
    No you don't have to unlink them.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    I dont know what I did or if it was the 1.3.1 update but I lost all my contacts from my Palm Account.

Anybody else experience this?
    Nope...don't need to unlink. I'm just saying you need to be aware if you have data for some contacts contained in the Palm profile that you don't have in Google. If you don't there will be no issues with removing the Palm profile.
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    I don't think you can delete your palm profile for contacts, at least I can't. I moved them all to google and before I sync'd them I deleted them all from the palm profile. My google contacts are my default, my palm contact profile exists with the two sprint contacts.

Maybe if you delete them all you can delete the profile but my guess is no and you will have to delete each contact individually.

This is easy as you can export all your google contacts with google and delete them in google. Sync. Delete all contacts on your Pre (note these should all be attached to your palm profile). Import your contacts back into google. Sync. They should all re-appear on your pre.

Just make sure you have them all on the CSV file that google will export.

Good luck
  10.    #10  
    Ok so I was getting ready to delete the palm profile in my contact prefernces and I cant When I tap the palm profile it just shows how many contacts I have. There is no option to delete the palm profile. When I click on my google profile there is an option to delete that profile. So i have delete each individual contact in order to get rid of the contacts in palm profile?
    can you swipe anything to the right (like when deleting a contact for example) (shows delete behind it)
    Not by my pre just throwing out ideas,
    I had my contacts on the Centro sync with Goosync. THen I exported them to go into gmail. When I Doctored my pre I just created a "new profile" which obviously didn't have anything backedup and when I added my gmail, the contacts imported from there! I hope this helps. I had some crazy things going on with my contacts before I Doctored it. Like they'd be missing, not have pictures, or would only sync 30 out of 200!
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    can you swipe anything to the right (like when deleting a contact for example) (shows delete behind it)
    Not by my pre just throwing out ideas,
    I tried swiping it. That doesnt seem to do anything. It looks like Im going have to delete one by one. Thats just crazy. Does anyone know if its possible to delete the palm profile?
    I tried swiping it. That doesnt seem to do anything. It looks like Im going have to delete one by one. Thats just crazy. Does anyone know if its possible to delete the palm profile?
    I've never tried it. Why don't you just link them with your other contacts? Some of my contacts have 4 profiles (Palm, goolge, facebook, IM) but they are under one heading because they are linked. So whe I search for a contact, I only get one contact match but it will have x-amount of profiles for it if I click on the one name.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    I've never tried it. Why don't you just link them with your other contacts? Some of my contacts have 4 profiles (Palm, goolge, facebook, IM) but they are under one heading because they are linked. So whe I search for a contact, I only get one contact match but it will have x-amount of profiles for it if I click on the one name.
    There seem to be alot of contacts that havent been linked. So Id rather delete them then link them. Why would I need to have 2 of the same contacts link? Its the exact same info in each contact? What would be the point of that?
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    DELETE THEM ALL! Dont waste your time if you know you have them on gmail. just download the csv file for a solid backup then your good.
    There seem to be alot of contacts that havent been linked. So Id rather delete them then link them. Why would I need to have 2 of the same contacts link? Its the exact same info in each contact? What would be the point of that?
    Only reason I can think of is to have two backups (one Palm and one Google). Other than that, you should be good.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by fishtale View Post
    DELETE THEM ALL! Dont waste your time if you know you have them on gmail. just download the csv file for a solid backup then your good.
    Im trying to delete them all but I cant figure out how to do it without going into each conatc and deleting. Im trying to just delete the whole palm profile. Havent figured that out yet.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Only reason I can think of is to have two backups (one Palm and one Google). Other than that, you should be good.
    Thats a good reason but if palms backup isnt reliable, who needs them! Everyone once in a while I will just export google to csv for the backup of my backup
    I just tired to remove the Palm Profile from the Contacts app and no dice for me either. Looks like it's non negotiable. The Palm Profile also brings along two contacts for the ride. Sprint Customer Service and Sprint Wireless Account. Sprint must feel that you need these in your contacts.

Given that....the only way to clean out you Palm Profile contact data is going to be one at a time right now :-(

Im trying to delete them all but I cant figure out how to do it without going into each conatc and deleting. Im trying to just delete the whole palm profile. Havent figured that out yet.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast