Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    I just tired to remove the Palm Profile from the Contacts app and no dice for me either. Looks like it's non negotiable. The Palm Profile also brings along two contacts for the ride. Sprint Customer Service and Sprint Wireless Account. Sprint must feel that you need these in your contacts.

Given that....the only way to clean out you Palm Profile contact data is going to be one at a time right now :-(

Sigh, I was afarid of that. Oh well. I will do it over the next couple of days. As long as everything is in google Im happy
    Just make sure you have Google as your default profile so that any new contacts you add into your Pre will not create a Palm Profile.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Here's a suggestion: (please note, you may lose HomeBrew apps, and/or any tweaks/mods you've done, don't know for sure...) Please read before doing this:

• Back up your Google accounts to a CSV (just in case)
    • Backup everything on the USB drive (plug the Pre in as a drive, also just in case)
    • Run the Backup app, and turn it off
    • Select Turn off and Erase Backup (this will delete your backup off Palm's server)
    • Run the Device Info App.
    • Select Reset Options
    • Do a Partial Erase, or a Full Erase (I'd try Partial first)
    • Restart the Pre

You will still need your profile ID and Password. When you reboot, your purchased applications will return. If ou did the Full Erase, you will need to plug back in as a USB and restore those files.
    You can then add the Google account, and it will pull down your information.

Note I've not done this, but I think this will achieve what you want.

Please let is know if you do (and it does), so it will move from "theory" to "works"
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Here's a suggestion: (please note, you may lose HomeBrew apps, and/or any tweaks/mods you've done, don't know for sure...) Please read before doing this:

• Back up your Google accounts to a CSV (just in case)
    • Backup everything on the USB drive (plug the Pre in as a drive, also just in case)
    • Run the Backup app, and turn it off
    • Select Turn off and Erase Backup (this will delete your backup off Palm's server)
    • Run the Device Info App.
    • Select Reset Options
    • Do a Partial Erase, or a Full Erase (I'd try Partial first)
    • Restart the Pre

You will still need your profile ID and Password. When you reboot, your purchased applications will return. If ou did the Full Erase, you will need to plug back in as a USB and restore those files.
    You can then add the Google account, and it will pull down your information.

Note I've not done this, but I think this will achieve what you want.

Please let is know if you do (and it does), so it will move from "theory" to "works"
    You my friend, are a genious!!! If there was a big time thank you button, I would click it for ya! Worked like a charm. All my palm profile contacts are gone. No more dupliactes. My gmail contacts fell down from the sky into my pre. All is well! I just need to install again preware, some homebrew apps bookmarks. Also text messages have been delete, no biggie. These instructsions should be pinned somewhere. Thanx again
    Quote Originally Posted by myblackz28 View Post
    You my friend, are a genious!!! If there was a big time thank you button, I would click it for ya! Worked like a charm. All my palm profile contacts are gone. No more dupliactes. My gmail contacts fell down from the sky into my pre. All is well! I just need to install again preware, some homebrew apps bookmarks. Also text messages have been delete, no biggie. These instructsions should be pinned somewhere. Thanx again
    My pleasure, that my friend, is what this forum should be about (and was, back in the Treo days)...
    Global Posts
    225 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by myblackz28 View Post
    I imported all my contacts into google now.
    How did you do that?
    use google/gmail from now on since you will loose everything if saved in the palm profile
    or if you have extra money for 3rd party softwares, use chapura or companionlink
    both softwares backup data in microsoft outlook or palm desktop 6.2

data loss may happen especially for contacts after a partial erase, running webos doctor or a webos update

palm server is not what they say it should as advertised... BEWARE!!!
    use google/gmail from now on since you will loose everything if saved in the palm profile
    or if you have extra money for 3rd party softwares, use chapura or companionlink
    both softwares backup data in microsoft outlook or palm desktop 6.2

data loss may happen especially for contacts after a partial erase, running webos doctor or a webos update

palm server is not what they say it should as advertised... BEWARE!!!
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by jc924 View Post
    How did you do that?
    Someone made an app on here that will create a csv file for all of your palm pre contacts.

Check out this link on how to: http://discussion.treocentral.com/we...-contacts.html
    Last edited by myblackz28; 11/18/2009 at 09:29 AM.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12