1.    #1  
    I plug my phone in to charge, or it prompts me if I want to allow location services, etc.

What gives?
    these are not considered system sounds ,just like the alarm will still sound if you have any set right now. There is a patch to make your phone vibrate instead of sound when plugging in charcher(usb) cable . Not sure about the other.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    They changed it so now alerts are the same as the alarm and ringer. Basically back to how it was before 1.2.
  4.    #4  
    So no way to make it silent when I plug it in even though my ringer/texts are on silent?

I mean really, this is my main gripe with the phone. Everytime I want to set a damn alarm or do something, I have to worry about whether it's in sync with my other settings or whether things will stay silent except for the alarm or whatever. I'm never sure, lol.

It should be mandatory to have different settings for each thing. Separate tone/volume for the ringer, the texts, the alarms, and all other sounds.

All I want is for my phone to be silent when I'm at home when it comes to texts and rings, and for it to do a full-blast alarm, then everything set to vibrate when I'm out of the house.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
    All I want is for my phone to be silent when I'm at home when it comes to texts and rings, and for it to do a full-blast alarm, then everything set to vibrate when I'm out of the house.
    I want just the text/email/alerts to be just vibrate so they don't wake me in the night.
    man you sure are demanding lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Matrix31 and xberserker,
    I believe you would both get what you want if you:
    a) flip the ringer switch to mute
    b) in the clock app, in the preferences page, turn the "Play alarm anyway" option to YES
    Quote Originally Posted by degoluce View Post
    Matrix31 and xberserker,
    b) in the clock app, in the preferences page, turn the "Play alarm anyway" option to YES
    That's actually what I'm doing now

But I would like to be able to hear a call coming in.
  9.    #9  
    Matrix31 and xberserker,
    Thanks bro! I didn't know there was an option on the clock app like that!

Any way though to mute that "dun-DUN" sound when you plug it in to charge if the ringer switch is set to non-mute?
    Matrix31 and xberserker,
    Since this is the only phone I have I'm hesitant to mute my phone when I go to bed. In the case of a family emergency I want to make sure I can hear the phone ring. I was just opening the sounds app and turning off system sounds which worked great up until the last update. I hope they either homebrew a solution or Palm comes out with a toggle switch so we can set whether we want alerts associated with the phone or with the system.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
    Thanks bro! I didn't know there was an option on the clock app like that!

Any way though to mute that "dun-DUN" sound when you plug it in to charge if the ringer switch is set to non-mute?
    matrix--there is a patch that silences when connecting the charger specifically. It will only vibrate. Look for it.