webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  Palm Pre and Pre Plus > Any GSM pre that has a working voicemail shortcut (key 1)
Any GSM pre that has a working voicemail shortcut (key 1)

Old 11/17/2009, 04:07 AM   #1 (permalink)

Holding the number 1 in card view should call voice mail. In my case the error "unable to find voicemail number' appears as it does in phone preferences. This mail mentions a reprogramming code. Anybody knows what that code is for a GSM model? For which provider/country does VM work as advertised?
Dick99999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/17/2009, 04:50 AM   #2 (permalink)

Mine works, on o2 UK.
If your's doesn't, you could try going into the Dialer's Preferences Menu and checking to see whether there is a Voicemail number listed. On mine, there is (901), and it's not editable, but I guess if one isn't set, then the field may become editable?
StevenX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/17/2009, 05:04 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenX View Post
Mine works, on o2 UK.
If your's doesn't, you could try going into the Dialer's Preferences Menu and checking to see whether there is a Voicemail number listed. On mine, there is (901), and it's not editable, but I guess if one isn't set, then the field may become editable?
Yep, same here, UK O2.

Thanks for pointing it out though, I didn't know about that shortcut. In fact I hadn't even gone into my voicemail until yesterday for the first time - shows how much I use it!
andyhurley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/17/2009, 05:33 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenX View Post
Mine works, on o2 UK.
Thanks. Indeed 901 is listed in the Pre's carrier database for O2 UK, while my provider's entry (tmobile-NL) is empty. I changed that DB entry it, but it still is not working. At least I know now that it's the actual VM number that's needed in de DB.
The preferences voice mail entry reads: "unable to access voicemail nu...". The entry is dimmed. The full message is not accessible.
Old 11/18/2009, 01:07 PM   #5 (permalink)

About 50% of the 350 provider entries in the Pre's Carrier database do not have a voice mail number. Manually entering that number in the CarrierDB makes the 1 short key working. Perhaps a next version of the phone prefs will allow setting that number? (Like manual setting of the APN for 2G/3G is now supported in webOS 1.3.1 )

There is one exception. If manual settings in phone prefs is activated before the voicemail number is entered manually in the CarrierDB, a change of that field will not copied to the manual settings DB, I found. Manual setting apparently copies the complete record of the current provider as an override in PalmDatabase.db3.seemanual setting in palm DB. In this case the PalmDB has to be updated too! I have published the SQL statements at http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2046475

Last edited by Dick99999; 12/15/2009 at 06:52 AM. Reason: Publish link

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0