1.    #1  
    Holding the number 1 in card view should call voice mail. In my case the error "unable to find voicemail number' appears as it does in phone preferences. This mail mentions a reprogramming code. Anybody knows what that code is for a GSM model? For which provider/country does VM work as advertised?
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Mine works, on o2 UK.
    If your's doesn't, you could try going into the Dialer's Preferences Menu and checking to see whether there is a Voicemail number listed. On mine, there is (901), and it's not editable, but I guess if one isn't set, then the field may become editable?
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenX View Post
    Mine works, on o2 UK.
    If your's doesn't, you could try going into the Dialer's Preferences Menu and checking to see whether there is a Voicemail number listed. On mine, there is (901), and it's not editable, but I guess if one isn't set, then the field may become editable?
    Yep, same here, UK O2.

Thanks for pointing it out though, I didn't know about that shortcut. In fact I hadn't even gone into my voicemail until yesterday for the first time - shows how much I use it!
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenX View Post
    Mine works, on o2 UK.
    Thanks. Indeed 901 is listed in the Pre's carrier database for O2 UK, while my provider's entry (tmobile-NL) is empty. I changed that DB entry it, but it still is not working. At least I know now that it's the actual VM number that's needed in de DB.
    The preferences voice mail entry reads: "unable to access voicemail nu...". The entry is dimmed. The full message is not accessible.
  5.    #5  
    About 50% of the 350 provider entries in the Pre's Carrier database do not have a voice mail number. Manually entering that number in the CarrierDB makes the 1 short key working. Perhaps a next version of the phone prefs will allow setting that number? (Like manual setting of the APN for 2G/3G is now supported in webOS 1.3.1 )

There is one exception. If manual settings in phone prefs is activated before the voicemail number is entered manually in the CarrierDB, a change of that field will not copied to the manual settings DB, I found. Manual setting apparently copies the complete record of the current provider as an override in PalmDatabase.db3.seemanual setting in palm DB. In this case the PalmDB has to be updated too! I have published the SQL statements at http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2046475
    Last edited by Dick99999; 12/15/2009 at 07:52 AM. Reason: Publish link