1.    #1  
    Morning all,

I'm getting a little frustrated here trying to check for updates for my new Pre.
    Everything was working just fine when I got it and it updated faultlessly to 1.1.3 over the air, and since has been fine connecting to the updates app and reporting nothing back.

Naturally, since the release of 1.3.1 in the UK "by the end of November" I've wanted to check if there's any progress, but any time I go into the Updates app, regardless of connection (WiFi @ 3 locations, 3G, 2G) it'll try to check for ages and then fail with the message in the title.

Obviously I start to search for other users with this problem and come across the unverified profile suggestion, so have tried that fix (despite my profile appearing as fine in the Device Info preferences) and it STILL won't connect to Updates.

Is anyone else having this problem connecting to the UK update servers, or is it just me?
    Have you tried a partial reset? I had the same problems and my profile appeared to be OK in Device Info, but a partial reset sorted it out and I haven't had any trouble since.

Donal
    I had the same problem, reported in this thread http://forums.precentral.net/gsm-pre...e-1-3-1-a.html I tried many times and I was able to update eventually. Hold on.
    i'm in the same boat man. tried all the suggestions and still not connecting to the updates. i even got a message saying the palm will be pushing the update OTA today but i am not able to connect
    I had this prob a week or so ago. I fixed it by reinstalling using webosdoctor. That's the only way I could get it working - but I lost all my contacts!
    Quote Originally Posted by cildada View Post
    i'm in the same boat man. tried all the suggestions and still not connecting to the updates. i even got a message saying the palm will be pushing the update OTA today but i am not able to connect
    Could you tell us what exactly the msg said? Thanks