1.    #1  
    Anyone notice that there isn't a confirmation popup any more when you delete an app??? I was going to put this in the sticky "Official webOS 1.3.1 New Features & Changes" thread, but I can't say for sure if this started in 1.3.1 or before?!?!?

MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    MoJack - Track your lost or stolen webOS device from anywhere!
    Time to get VIRAL
    i noticed this too. yes it seems to be gone in 1.3.1
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    i noticed it as well.
    There isn't a redundant SECOND confirmation. Yes. Good riddance.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    There isn't a redundant SECOND confirmation. Yes. Good riddance.
    Technically, the first delete button isn't a confirmation, it's an initialization.
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    Time to get VIRAL
    Quote Originally Posted by Laxidasical View Post
    Technically, the first delete button isn't a confirmation, it's an initialization.
    The act of holding Opt and clicking the App is the initial delete action. Then a confirmation opens and you confirm that you wanted to delete it. I saw the second confirmation as annoying.

It told me.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    The act of holding Opt and clicking the App is the initial delete action. Then a confirmation opens and you confirm that you wanted to delete it. I saw the second confirmation as annoying.
    Actually, it's to get information about the app (version, author/company, copyright, etc) with the option of deleting it as well. In 1.3.1, Palm added a couple of features to this, including the exact file size of the app and adding a link to the copyright info. As a developer, it's something that I look at from time to time while coding.

That said, I understand your logic. For the everyday user it's no biggie at all, as you can easily download the app again from the app catalog or from the homebrew section (although you will loose any local data that you had stored). For developers who haven't released their app yet and accidentally delete it while they are out and about, it's a pain because we can't install it again until we get back to a computer with the SDK. It would be nice if the confirmation popup existed while in dev mode and went away when not...
    Time to get VIRAL
    I'm on 1.3.1, just deleted the Facebook app and I received a pop up asking me to confirm the deletion. Something must be wrong with your phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Laxidasical View Post
    Anyone notice that there isn't a confirmation popup any more when you delete an app??? I was going to put this in the sticky "Official webOS 1.3.1 New Features & Changes" thread, but I can't say for sure if this started in 1.3.1 or before?!?!?

9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    I'm on 1.3.1, just deleted the Facebook app and I received a pop up asking me to confirm the deletion. Something must be wrong with your phone.
    Was it the initial screen that displays when you press Orange + App, or is it a SECOND popup that displays after you hit delete??? The second popup is what I was referring to...

I'm getting the same behavior in both the phone and the SDK. Like I said, no biggie in most situations.
    Time to get VIRAL
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    I think the issue is with semantics. Before 1.3.1, a delete action worked like this:

1 - User holds Opt and taps App
    2 - Dialog Opens with Delete and Cancel buttons
    3 - User taps Delete
    4 - Dialog opens with Delete and Cancel buttons
    5 - Use taps Delete
    6 - Button doesn't show any feedback, as it is locked in the delete process
    7 - User taps Delete again, because it didn't show any feedback.
    8 - Delete finishes and the App behind the delete button starts up, because of the second user tap.

Now with 1.3.1:

1 - User holds Opt and taps App
    2 - Dialog Opens with App Size info added and Delete and Cancel buttons
    3 - User taps Delete button, which reacts properly.
    4 - Dialog closes and App is deleted.

It told me.