Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 35
  1.    #1  
    Several people are reporting a BUG with 1.3.1 that breaks functionality with certain Exchange Calendars; to wit: If you create a new event on the Pre it will NOT sync with Exchange and appear on the desktop calendar.

    I had this problem, so I WebOs doc'd back to 1.2.1. When I tested (e.g. Made new event on my Pre) it synced to my Exchange Desktop w/ no problems

    I re-installed 1.3.1 and tested my Exchange Calendar - it's official 1.3.1 broke sync with my Exchange Calendar (create an event on Pre and it doesn't sync to Exchange)

    Here is what Palm Tech Support said:

    I have discussed your case with my supervisor and unfortunately, we do not have a resolution for this issue. What I would like to do, is place your case into a special team that develops technical solutions. They will do further research on it. They would be in touch with you once they have further updates. I cannot commit to a specific callback period, but please know that we are working on your case.

    With all the BUGS in 1.3.1, WebOs 1.3.2 is likely just around the corner.
    Last edited by PreJamison; 11/17/2009 at 11:27 AM.
  2. ksom's Avatar
    Posts
    355 Posts
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    #2  
    Good to see Palm response to the problems, quickly.
    Palm V -> Treo 600 (lost) -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Pre -> Photon
  3. #3  
    That's the exact same ending my conversation had w/ Palm regarding eMails not deleting on the Pre when they are deleted from the server (POP). Another 1.3.1 "change."
  4. KJ78's Avatar
    Posts
    838 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    #4  
    where does any of this indicate 1.3.x is even a concept yet?
  5. Stihl's Avatar
    Posts
    741 Posts
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    #5  
    wasnt there some mini patch the came out a few days after a larger, regular patch appeared which also broke exchange?

    if a new patch comes out, I really hope it is specific enough that I don't have to reinstall all of my patches
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ78 View Post
    where does any of this indicate 1.3.x is even a concept yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Stihl View Post
    wasnt there some mini patch the came out a few days after a larger, regular patch appeared which also broke exchange?
    Precisely:

    "Less than a week after webOS 1.2.0 landed, Palm has started pushing out webOS 1.2.1 to Palm Pre owners nationwide. As rumored, webOS 1.2.1 fixes iTunes sync support, as well as fixing the seriously borked Exchange support that webOS 1.2 brought."
  7. #7  
    Yep, I can confirm, EAS appointments entered on my Pre do not show up on my calendar in Outlook. However, I accepted a calendar invite in my EAS account, and that one did show up in Outlook.

    I can't imagine Palm will let this bug exist for very long.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
  8. #8  
    That's weird, I've tried two different Outlook accounts and they both sync with my Pre and vice-versa for both. I was trying to see if they fixed a bug with multiple all day events (and yes they did) but in trying to do so, I also tried sync from my Pre and from my Outlook to see if it was doing so in both directions. They both worked.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  9. vnmous1's Avatar
    Posts
    173 Posts
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreJamison View Post
    Several people are reporting a BUG with 1.3.1 that breaks functionality with certain Exchange Calendars; to wit: If you create a new event on the Pre it will NOT sync with Exchange and appear on the desktop calendar.

    I had this problem, so I WebOs doc'd back to 1.2.1. When I tested (e.g. Made new event on my Pre) it synced to my Exchange Desktop w/ no problems

    I re-installed 1.3.1 and tested my Exchange Calendar - it's official 1.3.1 broke sync with my Exchange Calendar (create an event on Pre and it doesn't sync to Exchange)

    Here is what Palm Tech Support said:

    I have discussed your case with my supervisor and unfortunately, we do not have a resolution for this issue. What I would like to do, is place your case into a special team that develops technical solutions. They will do further research on it. They would be in touch with you once they have further updates. I cannot commit to a specific callback period, but please know that we are working on your case.

    With all the BUGS in 1.3.1, WebOs 1.3.2 is likely just around the corner.
    Mine works just fine. I just tried it. It's 3:30p here....I put in a TEST for 4pm in Pre's calendar (phone default, not Google or anything else). I closed the card. A couple of seconds later, it popped up on my Outlook calendar. I'm using Exchange Active Sync. Yes, I'm on 1.3.1.

    bj
  10. fredc1's Avatar
    Posts
    150 Posts
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    #10  
    Hmm...just did the same test, appts that I create on the pre don't sync to my exchange calendar, but if I change or delete appts on my Pre that I first created on my PC then the changes do sync.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by fredc1 View Post
    Hmm...just did the same test, appts that I create on the pre don't sync to my exchange calendar, but if I change or delete appts on my Pre that I first created on my PC then the changes do sync.
    Yep . . . same with me. I just changed the location of an Appt. I created w/ my Pre prior to the update and it synced to my exchange calendar. But still cant sync to my exchange calendar if I create an appt. on the Pre now.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by vnmous1 View Post
    Mine works just fine. I just tried it. It's 3:30p here....I put in a TEST for 4pm in Pre's calendar (phone default, not Google or anything else). I closed the card. A couple of seconds later, it popped up on my Outlook calendar. I'm using Exchange Active Sync. Yes, I'm on 1.3.1.

    bj
    WebOs 1.2.0 affected many, but not all, exchange users. Looks like the same is happening w/ 1.3.1 as well. I am on Kent State University's Exchange Server. Interestingly enough, KSU actually recognizes and provides support for WebOs phones Exchange on Palm Pre and Pixie (this actually made me feel pretty good A major institution recognizing WebOS!)
  13. #13  
    Just tested it - it works great on my 2 Exchange accounts.
  14. #14  
    PDAGuy in the Palm forum asked if users would please post the sort of Exchange server they're using. If you're having this issue, you might stop over there and let them know: Re: Webos 1.3.1 Exchange Calendar Issue - webOS Software - Palm Support Community.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
  15.    #15  
    I am having the Exchange Calendar Sync issue reported in this thread.

    Check out the Screen Capture of my Pre w/ the Date & Time App open but minimized displaying todays date "November 18, 2009." Then check out the Calendar App Icon on the launch bar below - it displays yesterdays date! The 17th!

    This has got to be connected to the issues we are having.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  16. darrenklein's Avatar
    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreJamison View Post
    Several people are reporting a BUG with 1.3.1 that breaks functionality with certain Exchange Calendars; to wit: If you create a new event on the Pre it will NOT sync with Exchange and appear on the desktop calendar.

    I had this problem, so I WebOs doc'd back to 1.2.1. When I tested (e.g. Made new event on my Pre) it synced to my Exchange Desktop w/ no problems

    I re-installed 1.3.1 and tested my Exchange Calendar - it's official 1.3.1 broke sync with my Exchange Calendar (create an event on Pre and it doesn't sync to Exchange)

    Here is what Palm Tech Support said:

    I have discussed your case with my supervisor and unfortunately, we do not have a resolution for this issue. What I would like to do, is place your case into a special team that develops technical solutions. They will do further research on it. They would be in touch with you once they have further updates. I cannot commit to a specific callback period, but please know that we are working on your case.

    With all the BUGS in 1.3.1, WebOs 1.3.2 is likely just around the corner.
    I am having the EXACT same problem.
  17. x I'm tc's Avatar
    Posts
    52 Posts
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    #17  
    Just want to add my phone to the list.

    One qualifying note: calendar events created in Outlook behave normally. That is, I can make changes to them on my phone (time, location, title, etc.) and those changes appear back in Outlook a few seconds later. It is only if they are created on my phone that they don't sync back.
  18. #18  
    Workaround posted, and it works for me!! Just set timezone to manual instead of network in your date and time settings: Re: Webos 1.3.1 Exchange Calendar Issue - webOS Software - Palm Support Community
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
  19. #19  
    ...and this is now logged in Palm's system as an official issue. Alrighty then!

    Re: Webos 1.3.1 Exchange Calendar Issue - webOS Software - Palm Support Community
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
  20. steraser's Avatar
    Posts
    29 Posts
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    #20  
    this workaround did not fix the problem for me.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions