Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jpasint View Post
    A few "nice to haves"? Many in my book. And the endless lag is the deal killer for me.
    I had been a LOYAL Palm follower for years but they are gonna need a device much much better than the Pre. Forget even the apps for now, the device is just straight up too slow right now and I think that the slowness will not be fixed until the Pre 2.

I tried very very very hard to like the Pre and I did like the OS but, well, what I said already.

Maybe I'll be back with Palm in the future. Who knows.

Joe
    I'm sorry as a legacy palmer(but not a palmy) i remember this same forums treocentral abuzz about when is the new palm os coming out.
    The complains were palm is not innovative enough and there lagging to far behind competition.
    Now they give us one of the most innovative software packages in the most market and don't take my word consumer report agrees.
    Now all i hear from the Loyal palm os crowd is we want are old palm back really now!!!
    I'm sorry that palm didn't come out the gate with all the functionality of palmos(could you imagine the R&D and Q&A involved with that.)
    Though i do believe that palm should of subsidized classic though not the perfect solution would of silenced some of the uproar.
    As a loyal palmer like myself that dealt with some of the pitfalls of the 600p,650p,755p(though i have to admit those things could fall off a cliff and still work) how can we of all people not give palm the chance that we in masses pleaded for.
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tejoe View Post
    I'm sorry as a legacy palmer(but not a palmy) i remember this same forums treocentral abuzz about when is the new palm os coming out.
    The complains were palm is not innovative enough and there lagging to far behind competition.
    Now they give us one of the most innovative software packages in the most market and don't take my word consumer report agrees.
    Now all i hear from the Loyal palm os crowd is we want are old palm back really now!!!
    I'm sorry that palm didn't come out the gate with all the functionality of palmos(could you imagine the R&D and Q&A involved with that.)
    Though i do believe that palm should of subsidized classic though not the perfect solution would of silenced some of the uproar.
    As a loyal palmer like myself that dealt with some of the pitfalls of the 600p,650p,755p(though i have to admit those things could fall off a cliff and still work) how can we of all people not give palm the chance that we in masses pleaded for.

I for one could never go back to PalmOS. I'd go back to a jailbroken Iphone or Winmo first.

Joe
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Produce better hardware Palm. It's what you sell. Dazzle me with some quality hardware and I'll be pretty patient with the software & apps. Stop screwing around with Pixi's and get us a big screen form factor. If i'm going to be asked to take the wait and see approach, then get the hardware out so i can do so.
    That's the main issue Palm must work on ASAP if it really wants to keep the cash flowing. There's no excuse for the massive Pre hardware problems users are facing.
  4. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nocopies View Post
    That's the main issue Palm must work on ASAP if it really wants to keep the cash flowing. There's no excuse for the massive Pre hardware problems users are facing.
    Just my thought,
    it might not be rocket science to port WebOS on Touch HD2.
    But the fact that they do not have deep pockets to support couple of hundred folks for a new handset is the reason.
    They might get on to making a new handset once they release the Verizon Pre in Jan 2010.
    I bet for our Christmas presents, Palm is going to release something so good, that the people who left are going to say ahhh $%*!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234