1.    #1  
    Hi All,

I have read in the forums that other users have had some trouble with the headphone jack.

I use the headphones for Music and (more importantly) hands free calls on the road. Recently, I have been getting very bad feedback during calls and some crackling during music playback. I've swapped out the headphones, of course, but the problem persists.

I wonder if this is listed as a "known issue" by Sprint. Will this be considered an automatic replacement, or will I have to fight? I do have insurance, but am wondering if this is something that should be replaced under warranty (and not my $100 deductible).

Thanks in advance,
    nb
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I have the same issue and found a thread or two about it here. Basically the jack is loose and produces crackling sounds when moved (the amount of movement is miniscule, so you really have to look to see it, but it's definitely there). It didn't do it for me when I first bought the pre, so I have to assume it's probably going to get worse over time. I don't have insurance, so I'm hoping that it will be covered by warranty if I ever need to have it fixed.

Some others have apparently taken a drop of super glue and worked it down into the gap between the jack and the body of the pre and then pushed the two tightly together. This effectively secures the jack in place so that it can't move, which is probably the best solution. I put a couple small paper shims on both sides of my jack, which helps a good bit, but I still get a little crackling if I move the jack too much, so I'll probably do the superglue thing at some point. It's most noticeable when I'm using the aux-in to listen in my car.