Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27
  1.    #1  
    I opened Preware and there was a update for package Manager Service. I did the update in Preware. Now Preware will not work. I have went back to Webosinstall and tried to redo everything and it is still not working. I would love some help. I have restarted the phone a couple of times and still no go. Im getting to the point i want to see how far this phone will fly so please help.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks!!
  2. #2  
    Hopefully someone else will come with better suggestions, but maybe you could use WebOsquickinstall to uninstall Preware and then reinstall it.
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by kunedogg View Post
    I opened Preware and there was a update for package Manager Service. I did the update in Preware. Now Preware will not work. I have went back to Webosinstall and tried to redo everything and it is still not working. I would love some help. I have restarted the phone a couple of times and still no go. Im getting to the point i want to see how far this phone will fly so please help.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks!!
    Fly ? Bet it would skip at least 10-15 times. I experienced the same earlier , was hanging up on the pretheamer feed , turned that off and preware is working again...very slugish but working.
  4.    #4  
    sorry to sound dumb..... do you have to use webosquickinstall to uninstall prgrams too? i thought you could just go into the lancher and then to list apps and delete them there?

    How do you use the wobosquickinstall to uninstall programs?

    sorry im very new to this and im trying to learn
  5. #5  
    start webosquickinstall, click tools, go to device management and then check the app and click the uninstall button

    in device management there is a dropdown on the top right for you to choose apps or patches to uninstall
  6.    #6  
    thanks for the help. Im trying it know. check in a few to see if that works for me. Thanks for the help!!!
  7.    #7  
    nope did not work. It keeps saying that the package manager service is not running. Any help?
  8. rothoof's Avatar
    Posts
    510 Posts
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    #8  
    is it still in developer mode


    not sure if this matters?????????
  9.    #9  
    yes it is..... how do you uninstall package Manager Service??????????
  10. #10  
    so ****ed i did a partial erase and now i dont have any numbers in my palm contacts list ***!!!!!!
  11. #11  
    WebOS Quick Install--> Tools--> Device Management to uninstall.

    I had the same problem earlier and it was because Package Manager Service wasn't installed after I updated, for some reason. Go to WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Internal Feeds (all) and reinstall package manager service there.
  12.    #12  
    i did that and it didnt work. is there any way to uninstall package manager service?
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by rothoof View Post
    is it still in developer mode


    not sure if this matters?????????
    I know this doesnt matter since mine has been in dev mode for a long time
  14. #14  
    maybe try to install it with webos quick install then try to uninstall it?

    I just noticed I had 2 package manager service app using quick install (0.9.10 and also 0.9.19), might have to see if you can install it again without a delete
  15.    #15  
    Im about to put this phone in the trash!!! There is no apps for the package manager service. I really need to know how to get rid or it or im putting this phone in the middle of 465.... Thats a interstate for the people thats not around Indianpolis!!!!!
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by kunedogg View Post
    Im about to put this phone in the trash!!! There is no apps for the package manager service. I really need to know how to get rid or it or im putting this phone in the middle of 465.... Thats a interstate for the people thats not around Indianpolis!!!!!
    I think your best bet is use WebOSDoctor, set the phone back to its original configuration, and start over.

    It might also pay you to slow down a bit. Get used the phone before you start hacking it.
  17. #17  
    Well it really depends on trajectory and exerted force. Aerodynamically speaking the Pre is quite effective. The smooth curves would allow for longer flight than say an actual Curve (blackberry.) If you were to release in error and the phone were to slide open during pitch, you might find that the mirror side now acts in a similar fashion to the flaps on a nascar automobile. The downforce would push your Pre to the ground. So in a case like this you would want to be as high as possible. I would suggest a 120 degree trajectory from an elevation of around 20 feet. If you were to throw with a force of 20 Newton's I would hypothesize that a Pre could in fact fly 97 feet. Give it a try and let us know.
  18. #18  
    I'm having this exact same issue. I've tried removing it via Quick Install and rebooting every step of the way. It only started happening yesterday after Preware tried to update itself.

    I had to recover my phone with webOSdoctor twice this weekend already... I really don't want to have to do it again... but man, not being able to access Preware will drive me crazy!
  19. #19  
    Try updating to the latest Package Manager Service (0.9.21) and preware (0.9.12) through WebOSQI (I uninstalled the old ones first, but I'm not sure if that matters). There was an update in 0.9.20 of the PMS that addressed it not starting. I have been pulling my hair out too, but after updating today, all is well .
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Prepopscience View Post
    Well it really depends on trajectory and exerted force. Aerodynamically speaking the Pre is quite effective. The smooth curves would allow for longer flight than say an actual Curve (blackberry.) If you were to release in error and the phone were to slide open during pitch, you might find that the mirror side now acts in a similar fashion to the flaps on a nascar automobile. The downforce would push your Pre to the ground. So in a case like this you would want to be as high as possible. I would suggest a 120 degree trajectory from an elevation of around 20 feet. If you were to throw with a force of 20 Newton's I would hypothesize that a Pre could in fact fly 97 feet. Give it a try and let us know.
    Uhh.. My calculations bring 'total flight distance' to 117ft. I guess you can expect a distance somewhere between 97 and 117ft, give or take 20ft.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions