Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Quote Originally Posted by djcoronel View Post
    Really what I'm reiterating, is that our pre community here is much too niche-y and small when one attempts a comparison to the pre community at large not engaged in forum discussion and PERHAPS not experiencing "poor build quality" issues. A step toward making some sort of semblance of a salient hypothesis and/or research question would come with the release of statistics from Palm and Sprint, but that just isn't happening.
    Careful now - that could make you a Palm-loving, ClipCarl-bashing, Sivan-hating bigot.

In some simple minds...
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Sorry you misinterpreted. I naver said "no individual" I said "any", as in any particular individual. Here's another example. There are murderers in Texas. That state ment is true, but I'm not talking about any particular person, including myself.
    That's a neutral statement and not given in any context. The equivalent to what you said here would be you saying that Texans tend to be murderous when explaining a high death rate in that state.

I thinl, as a group, we are pikier on this device.
    Prove that we are pickier.

I cannot extroplate that to any individual though, without knowing more about them, including you.
    You have it backwards: extrapolation is used from the particular to the general.
    Quote Originally Posted by sivan View Post
    That's a neutral statement and not given in any context. The equivalent to what you said here would be you saying that Texans tend to be murderous when explaining a high death rate in that state.
    My original statement was given "in context". You chose to ignore the context. ClipCarl decided to interpret it as me saying that all of those on here are pickier, and that is the only reason any of them (including him) returned Pres. It wasn't what I said though.

Prove that we are pickier.
    No proof needed, I was expressing an opinion. The quote you based all this silliness on started with "I'm not sure". Most normal folks would have understood that I was expressing an opinon.

In addition, I didn't say we are picker. I said that as a group, we tend to be. I can't prove that either, but I would assume that if I joined a club of chefs, their taste in food would be "pickier" than the average diner. Some assumptions are pretty safe...

That said, are you able to "prove" the Pre has a higher return rate than other smartphones? Please, no samples from the forum, empirical data.

You have it backwards: extrapolation is used from the particular to the general.
    Extrapolate has multiple specific meanings (though the general meaning remains pretty constant through them). ClipCarl inferred something from my statement. That inference was incorrect, or at least not valid from the amount of information given.
    <<Closed - Thread Derailed>>
    Just call me Berd.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456