Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1.    #61  
    This one is going back today too. Can't do anything cpu intensive for more than 3-5 minutes. It will freeze, then the Palm boot logo comes back on. I've WebOS Doctored multiple times now, and always the same.
    Sounds like it's time to get on the horn with Retentions and see whether or not they're willing to work with you.
  3.    #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericMusings View Post
    Sounds like it's time to get on the horn with Retentions and see whether or not they're willing to work with you.
    I've already done that, they won't budge either. It's to the point it's just absurd, and I'm actually considering cancelling now. My last hope is a friend who works for Sprint, he's seeing if there is anything at all he can do for me.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    I've already done that, they won't budge either. It's to the point it's just absurd, and I'm actually considering cancelling now. My last hope is a friend who works for Sprint, he's seeing if there is anything at all he can do for me.
    So much for the theory that Sprint CS has improved.
  5.    #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by awrnsmn View Post
    To be fair, they've always been very nice about everything, even if they're telling me I'm screwed without actually saying it. They also called me the very next morning after I emailed dan@sprint.com, but all they'd offer me was to buy the Pre back for 100 bucks, but I'd still have to buy a new phone at full price.
    All cellphone stores are like that. If you want a chance at a new phone, you have to call in to cancel and be ready to. Your best chance is retentions.
  7.    #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    All cellphone stores are like that. If you want a chance at a new phone, you have to call in to cancel and be ready to. Your best chance is retentions.
    That's likely going to happen very soon.
    To be fair, following this thread, he isn't offering them the option of giving him another Pre. His only acceptable solution is that they allow him to have a different model phone for the one he dropped.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    To be fair, following this thread, he isn't offering them the option of giving him another Pre. His only acceptable solution is that they allow him to have a different model phone for the one he dropped.
    I can see both sides but, when do you draw the line of getting multible defective Pre's. I understand he dropped it but it should be reasonable to expect a cell phone to be able to withstand a SMALL amount of abuse. After all it is a cell phone. It should not be that britle and should have been fine with what the op discibed.
    Elysian893, I have a question (and this is totally serious) have you ever been stuck by lightening or strongly hit with an electrical charge? My mom was struck by lightening when she was a kid and has this same kind of BAD luck with computers.
    II understand he dropped it but it should be reasonable to expect a cell phone to be able to withstand a SMALL amount of abuse. After all it is a cell phone. It should not be that britle and should have been fine with what the op discibed.
    It's a minicomputer and small drops could damage it. If you dropped your netbook or laptop it also could be damaged from a small drop.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cowgirlupkelly View Post
    It's a minicomputer and small drops could damage it. If you dropped your netbook or laptop it also could be damaged from a small drop.
    Yes, but manufactures know that cell phones are bound to be subject to physical damage and should be made with that in mind. Do you know any cell phones as fragile as the Pre and that cost as much? Granted this is my opinion. I think cell phones should be made to handle day to day use, and most are. (that i've owned anyway)
    Actually I have a friend who has broken his iPhone front 3 times just by a hard set down. I've dropped my Pre from a height of 3 1/2 feet without a scratch.
    ive dropped my pre like 6 times and its fine. Few small scratches that I cleaned up with some fine grit sandpaper.. but overall still works fine.

On an unrelated note, 3 months after the last drop, the accelerometer suddenly quit working. Just quit. doesnt work anymore
    I can see both sides but, when do you draw the line of getting multible defective Pre's. I understand he dropped it but it should be reasonable to expect a cell phone to be able to withstand a SMALL amount of abuse. After all it is a cell phone. It should not be that britle and should have been fine with what the op discibed.
    I agree, that should be reasonable. However; to expect that they replace it with another model is not. Sorry, all of the other various defects doen't get to combine with "I dropped it" (in my opinion) to warrant a different device.

If I dropped a Pre (or any phone) from a small height and it malfunctioned, I would hope that the carrier would replace it (especially with TEP, and with no deductable). I would not expect them to give me a new model, even if it was my 10th replacement. Dropping (or any other abuse) is a whole 'nother category from defect.
    Man, I feel lucking with my exchanges.
    Sprint has been great. My keyboard stopped working, called it in. while I waited, I fixed the keyboard (after several restarts) and got my stuff out. Grab a refurb only to return it the next day due to bad left side of screen.
    So they gave me a new one and its hella more solid then my previous sets of pres.
    Oh and dropped all my phones a few times...its bound to happen anywhere :P
    Ignoring the part earlier where the OP dropped his phone from a small hight, you have to admit it does say allot about the build quality given the number of people on this board how have stated they've had multiple phones replaced. After a reasonable number of attempts, I see no reason why the paying customer can not request a different model.

What's reasonable? Personally I'd say two or three attempts. Four or more? No thank you. Give me a different model or let me out of my contract.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    If you go thru that many phones due to various issues, that says something about the phone build quality in general, not the particular phone you have, but the model in general.
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericMusings View Post
    Ignoring the part earlier where the OP dropped his phone from a small hight, you have to admit it does say allot about the build quality given the number of people on this board how have stated they've had multiple phones replaced. After a reasonable number of attempts, I see no reason why the paying customer can not request a different model.

What's reasonable? Personally I'd say two or three attempts. Four or more? No thank you. Give me a different model or let me out of my contract.
    I'm not sure that I agree about the build quality issue. Folks on a forum like this tend to be pickier, plus there is definitely something of a "mod attitude" on such things ("Hey, mine wobbles a little too, I'm going back to Sprint"...)

Personally, if I had to take 3 phones back in three months, I'd probably be asking for another model (I had two Centros with cracked screens, and asked if I could go back to a Treo 755p), unless I was really happy with general use of the phone. Personally, were I to start having issues like that with the Pre, I'd probably put up with several (I didn't like the Centro...).

That said, asking for and expecting are different things...
  20. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    If you go thru that many phones due to various issues, that says something about the phone build quality in general, not the particular phone you have, but the model in general.
    Though to be fair, it's difficult to extrapolate the data from a small group of people in these forums having hardware issues to suggest wider trends...
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast