Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Wow can you say 'melt down.'

I never once called you a liar...seems you did that. Oh and it's a public open message board so don't tell me not to post in your thread. If you want a private thread I can give you a few 'free message board' sites.
  2.    #42  
    Here, allow me to bold for you the part where you called me a liar.

Quote Originally Posted by cowgirlupkelly View Post
    again I've dropped mine, had no issues with the speaker, headset jack, USB jack, etc. I'm sorry if you've been stuck with 4 lemons but seriously I find that hard to believe that you've had so many lemons. (Shrugs)

Any questions? If you really think you didn't call me a liar, then you need to seriously consider choosing your words more wisely.
    I said I find it hard to believe not that you lied about it. Sheesh comprehend much?
    wow cowgirl really you made your point now move on. i to am on my 4th pre, i can tell you that i am not happy with this either. i hope that the next webos product is a better build.
    My HTC Evo Is Great...
    BAER
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    There is no physical damage. This was a poorly made refurb, period. I do not want another Pre, that's the logic. I'm not taking another one of these pieces of crap. The Sprint Store is the only ones able to do a phone model change like this, as Retentions told me.
    After having 4 Pre's myself (never dropped it though, just different hardware issues), I refused to get another Pre. I went through a whole thing about trying to get another phone. Didn't work. I e-mailed the Chief Service Officer (sprint exec) because I was fed up with getting more Pre's with more problems and just wanted a different, reliable phone. I now have a Hero, free of charge, and couldn't be happier. It wasn't easy though. I went through hours of phone conversations, tech support, managers, and then finally an executive. It's not as simple as calling and asking for it. I had to go above everyone to get it done.

I don't feel like I was asking too much. All I want is a smartphone that works. Period. I have been a customer for 10 years, have 4 lines, always pay on time, upgrade phones every time each line is eligible, extend contracts, etc.
    again I've dropped mine, had no issues with the speaker, headset jack, USB jack, etc. I'm sorry if you've been stuck with 4 lemons but seriously I find that hard to believe that you've had so many lemons. (Shrugs)
    Believe me, it's possible. I have never once dropped any of my Pre's, but still had hardware issues on 4 of them. Broken power button, Faulty mic, No EVDO, and finally a splintering LCD screen. None of them were due to an error on my part. Just unlucky I guess.
  8. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    I hate to say this but to me (and mind you this is just my opinion) for those who have had to replace 3, 4 or 5 times --- operator error. As I stated I've dropped mine from a height of 3 1/2 feet and not even a scratch.

Granted as with anything there will always be a few lemons floating around.
    I'll politely disagree with you. The Pre's that I've owned that have needed replaced have *all* had manufacturer defects.

One thing to keep in mind though, folks, is that without solid numbers there's really nothing to go on to suggest that the return/replace rate of the Pre is above average. No, anecdotal evidence from the PreCentral forums doesn't count.
    Sorry to hear about your 4th Pre breaking. I dropped by reburb two days ago getting out of my car and it fell a good two feet;thankfully,it still works.

Not that this has anything to do with your problem,but my iPhone carrying buddy is on his 5th iPhone. Breakage from dropping, cracking the screen a couple of times and washing it in the laundry...
    I can say that I've had my share of faulty Pre's as well. First one the top right corner of screen didn't work out of the box. 2nd one literally slid apart in my hands after less than 2 hours of use. 3rd had major screen issues and dead/stuck pixels. 4th, the bluetooth completely quit working. On my fifth, and *knock on wood* no errors yet, but I haven't even had this one a week yet. If this one screws up, I'm doing what I can to get a different model as well.

Pre WiFi Tether Results
    Wow, people getting all fired up as a result of a non-issue.

The terms of the TEP specify physical damage as voiding the warranty/service plan. Technically, abuse has nothing to with it. Sure, if you "abuse" your phone it's more likely to get physical damage. I'd say keeping the phone in your back pocket and consistently sitting on it is abuse. But if you never bust it in half or anything, more power to you. On the flip side, I bet lot of people have a story where you sent the phone accidentally bouncing across a parking lot and it was trashed, then maybe another where a phone fell 18" off a coffee table onto carpet which knocked out a button. Are either of those abuse? Nope, carelessness maybe, but certainly not abuse.

Sprint will give the OP's phone a once over, and if nothing is cracked or chipped, they'll replace it for him no questions asked. The OP is right; a cell phone should be able to survive a modest fall without becoming non-functional.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Mo View Post
    Wow, people getting all fired up as a result of a non-issue.

The terms of the TEP specify physical damage as voiding the warranty/service plan. Technically, abuse has nothing to with it. Sure, if you "abuse" your phone it's more likely to get physical damage. I'd say keeping the phone in your back pocket and consistently sitting on it is abuse. But if you never bust it in half or anything, more power to you. On the flip side, I bet lot of people have a story where you sent the phone accidentally bouncing across a parking lot and it was trashed, then maybe another where a phone fell 18" off a coffee table onto carpet which knocked out a button. Are either of those abuse? Nope, carelessness maybe, but certainly not abuse.

Sprint will give the OP's phone a once over, and if nothing is cracked or chipped, they'll replace it for him no questions asked. The OP is right; a cell phone should be able to survive a modest fall without becoming non-functional.
    I will also say that Sprint (when you have TEP) will also frequently replace, without charging the deductible, a phone that does have physical damage. They will not replace water-damaged or stolen though.

Unfortunately, Elysian doesn't want a replacement.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I will also say that Sprint (when you have TEP) will also frequently replace, without charging the deductible, a phone that does have physical damage. They will not replace water-damaged or stolen though.

Unfortunately, Elysian doesn't want a replacement.
    He does want a replacement...but a replacement that's not a Pre :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Really mobile View Post
    He does want a replacement...but a replacement that's not a Pre :-)
    Sorry I didn't put enough words in there for you, but "replacement" in the context of the conversation was pretty obvious to most.

Getting a new device isn't part of the insurance plan.
    Sorry I didn't put enough words in there for you, but "replacement" in the context of the conversation was pretty obvious to most.

Getting a new device isn't part of the insurance plan.
    of course I knew what you meant. I guess you did not get my joke that a replacement to the OP is not the Pre. But of course you have to respond to everything.

Sigh...
    of course I knew what you meant. I guess you did not get my joke that a replacement to the OP is not the Pre. But of course you have to respond to everything.

Sigh...
    Sigh... is right. You've done "well". With a few simple comments, you've again interjected one of your generic "I dislike the Pre" pieces of nonsense, included a personal attack, and attempted a "if you respond to my response, that somehow makes you bad" bit of drivel. That's good for you. Of course, it's all relative.
    Sigh... is right. You've done "well". With a few simple comments, you've again interjected one of your generic "I dislike the Pre" pieces of nonsense, included a personal attack, and attempted a "if you respond to my response, that somehow makes you bad" bit of drivel. That's good for you. Of course, it's all relative.
    Your last post makes no sense whatsoever given my initial post and response to yours. What exactly were you trying to say?

On this Thread I never mentioned a dislike of the Pre. Are you that biased or narrow-minded???

What do I expect next? I expect you to respond with words in "quotes" and the like so that you can work your semantic magic. Have fun.
  18.    #58  
    Great, my 5th Prefurb is proving to be a colossal piece of crap now too. I couldn't get the 1.3.1 update, even on a freshly doctored 1.2.1 phone, wouldn't validate, so when the 1.3.1 doctor came out, I went ahead and doctored again. This time, when I was setting up my Palm Profile, and it'd try to sync all my contacts and apps, the radio would shut off, completely. I tried some 10 times, and sometimes, Luna would even reset. It finally went, but it was a huge hassle. I had also noticed, I can't even make it through a full song on Pandora before the stream craps out(on 1.2.1 no less), something none of my previous Pre's did. Sounds like a radio issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    Great, my 5th Prefurb is proving to be a colossal piece of crap now too. I couldn't get the 1.3.1 update, even on a freshly doctored 1.2.1 phone, wouldn't validate, so when the 1.3.1 doctor came out, I went ahead and doctored again. This time, when I was setting up my Palm Profile, and it'd try to sync all my contacts and apps, the radio would shut off, completely. I tried some 10 times, and sometimes, Luna would even reset. It finally went, but it was a huge hassle. I had also noticed, I can't even make it through a full song on Pandora before the stream craps out(on 1.2.1 no less), something none of my previous Pre's did. Sounds like a radio issue.
    A cat has nine lives...and so you have a few more Pre's to go through. Just kidding. Can you ask for a brand new one next time?
  20.    #60  
    A cat has nine lives...and so you have a few more Pre's to go through. Just kidding. Can you ask for a brand new one next time?
    I asked for a brand new one this time, and they, in a matter of speaking, told me to go screw myself.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast