Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Short of it: I am Chief Pilot of a corporate flight department. I am in multiple time zones daily. I have every pilot's and every aircraft's schedule in my Pre. BIG PROBLEM:
    If I am in a different time zone than where I entered the schedule, the calendar will show the wrong time for the event. Crazy, as I am often-times in 3 timezones in a day and I am in charge of the schedule!
    Question:
    Please tell me there is an easy solution to this! I do not want to have to take a calculator out to figure out what time it is to set manually nor do I want to have to find what time zone I am in to manually enter (I tried that, and it now says that I live in Regina, Saskatchewan after I set it back to Chicago.) What can I do to fix the calendar?

PALM PLEASE READ:

The calendar on this thing is a joke. I came from the Treo and never had a problem and expected the same from a Palm product when I shelled out big bucks for the Pre. How 'bout this feature for the calendar?:

I want:
    To look at the Pre and know what the current time is where I currently am

AND

To look at the calendar and have it show me WHAT I ENTERED IN IT IN THE FIRST PLACE

On/Off

How hard is that? Palm, you can do better. My wife's Rumor has a better calender than this thing.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    I can't change the time zone. I have been trying since yesterday afternoon and it won't change from the Cayman Islands(EST). I select the New York time zone then it states "Waiting for network time zone..." but it reverts back to the Cayman Islands.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Same here. never had a problem syncing calender. now when I add a new event on the pre, it won't show up on my outlook calender going thru the exchange server. just noticed i am on caymen time as well???
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Exactly, both above. I change it back to Chicago and it says "waiting for Network Time..." until I recycle or put in airplane mode. Then, it comes back as Regina, Sask. At least it is the same time zone as Chicago. However, I REALLY need that calendar issue resolved or the thing is useless to me as a professional.
    Quote Originally Posted by flunkn View Post
    Exactly, both above. I change it back to Chicago and it says "waiting for Network Time..." until I recycle or put in airplane mode. Then, it comes back as Regina, Sask. At least it is the same time zone as Chicago. However, I REALLY need that calendar issue resolved or the thing is useless to me as a professional.
    From another pilot: at least for now, you'll have to either live with the time-shift that happens when you stick with "network time," or decide on a time-zone you want to work with and turn network time off. I decided to do the latter and just work on Eastern time zone. I don't have the same issue you do as CP having to deal with so many schedules, but if you stick with one time zone and input everyone's schedules accordingly, at least things will be consistent (try UTC, maybe?).

The network time shift is great if you're actually moving from time zone to time zone. For example, a two hour flight from New Orleans to Charlotte will show something like 11am - 1pm. Since you're starting in MSY, you have the correct start time of 11am, but the end time is clearly wrong UNTIL YOU GET TO CLT, at which point your calendar will display the correct end time of 2pm, but the wrong start time, which will change in CLT to 12pm. So, once you're in the appropriate time zone, you'll get the right start or end time. Of course, one or the other will always be incorrect for the intended time zone. In the above example, the flight will indeed end at 1pm Central time, but since the event ends in CLT, what good is that unless you actually end up in CLT?

Anyway, I think turning network time off is the answer you need right now.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I'm experiencing the same problem. After working with Palm chat support, they directed me to Date / Time, Network Time Zone, turn OFF, then manually select time zone. However, after manually selecting and turning the network time zone back ON, it automatically reverted back to Regina, Saskatchewan (I'm located in Kansas City). For now, I've just manually set to my time zone to US Central, and am keeping the network time zone OFF until this gets fixed.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Really, really lame on Palm's part. Simply make a selection for:

I want to look at my phone and see the correct time wherever I am
    And
    I also want to look at my calendar and see what I entered in it AS I ENTERED IT
    On/Off

Come on Palm. I cannot recommend this to any traveling professional until this is done. It's great if you sit around in your home every day, but for a traveler it is junk, junk, junk. So now I have to manually set the time every time I land in a different time zone? If I do this, will my calendar change times? ***?
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    The calendar-time-zone problem has been mentioned in various Pre threads since the summer, but I haven't seen any indication yet that Palm is working on it. Every time I fly to a new time zone, and the calendar shifts my appointments earlier or later, it drives me slightly batty.

As it is, I can either have the time wrong and the calendar right, or vice-versa, but not both. It can't be that hard to give the user an option to insulate the calendar from time zone changes.
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    Seems that all of us that fly, have this problem and there is no solutuion. Amazing how PalmOS didn't have this problem. I still use Agendus through Classic, but have found the WebOS calendar to work much better with the UberCalendar patch and speed patch. Still am unhappy with my events changing times as I am in different timezones. Never had this problem with Agendus. Way to Blackberry with its lack of usefulness.
    Last edited by TimBoch; 10/26/2010 at 05:27 PM.
    Tim Boche

Palm IIIe, IIIx, IIIxe, IIIc, ClieT615, ClieTJ25, ClieTJ37(2), Treo600, Treo650, Centro(AT&T & Verizon),
    Pre Plus(6 replacements), TouchPads(1-16gb,2-32gb), Pre2 (and a spare)
    I have problem with calendar time zone when my client in another time zone send a recurring invitation to me, and changing the time in one of the occurrences in the series..
    I would enter it on google calendar, and it automatically will sync with right time. Another thing when I use Delta to book tickets is add the itinerary directly from delta (there is an option for it ) and it gives me the correct time and time zones.
    If this helped you hit thanks.