Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27
  1. eji930's Avatar
    Posts
    341 Posts
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
       #1  
    To Whom It May Concern:

    Between 4.50p.m and 6.00pm I spent this time at one of your Sprint Retail Locations on 2367 S. Hamilton Road
    Columbus, OH 43232
    (614) 575-5500
    I spoke with a young dyed red hair girl who tried assisting however and lied and said she was the store manager (the actually store manager was sitting right next to me servicing another client). My issue is this my Palm Pre USB Door broke off about 1 week ago and I didn’t know why. About week passed and today as I remove my phone from the car charger I notice there was a crack right next to the USB port, and also down by the chin of the phone. So at this point I could deal with the USB door coming off when removed because it would still go back on, however I could NOT deal with and WONT deal with crappy hardware. So I go to the sprint store for service and that’s what I was offered. 100 dollar deductible or 120 in store price for “Physical Damage”! It’s sad our customer service and English language use words that are passive, insulting, offensive, and assumptive. All she kept saying was “I understand”,”Im not blaming you” etc this began to frustrate me here I am being accused of something I haven’t done. My phone has no scratches no nothing and here I am faced with “Two Options”.

    Then they say the TEP for 7.00 a month covers software issues or ‘known” issues. So it seems it’s a waist of money to pay 7.00 unless off course your device is “lost or stolen” that seems to be more befitting for your wonderful TEP program. So me and the young lady get to where and I ask who do I need to speak with over you, she then is now a “regular” associate and states “the store manager right here can speak to you when he finishes” Then he says sarcastically “Im going to tell you the same thing etc” I am BIPOLAR and I held my composer very well in this situation I was already speaking very firm and a few customers walked out the store, so while waiting on the “store manager” I called customer care spoke with a rep and there supervisor both females. While speaking with them some other “supervisor/manager” comes to me and says the same thing interrupting me while on phone with customer care. No resolution either I was transferred to Palm and referred to pay deductibles when I feel I shouldn’t have to.

    I ALWAYS go to bat defending Sprint and supporting them being a customer for 8yrs plus and this is what I receive? A hassle? I was transferred to an outsourced call center and I have nothing wrong with anyone I love everyone but if u can’t speak English properly then maybe you shouldn’t conduct business over the phone. At first it was the same thing only this time an option of free repair and I mail in a phone and be out of service, then there was provide your credit card # and well hold 400.00 dollars and also there is a processing fee of 29.99. But the 400 is not charged if we get the phone back within 15 days. I was not satisfied with this either we states he will get his “supervisor” he then comes back crediting the 29.99 and not charging anything for the “advance exchange” so I give my information and was informed I would get a confirmation email.

    It’s been 20min since that call and I have yet to receive verification of that email. So at this point I don’t know if I was sent a phone or not, However I do know this has forced me to look at a new device with a new wireless provider, I will not be doing business with Sprint much longer this is ridicioulus and unsatisfactory service, now I see why people hate sprint and why they are Loosing customers millions a quarter. If you cant beat em, Join em so its time to leave the “Now Network” for a “New Network” and im sure the insurance policies are the same maybe they are maybe they aint but o well its not my fault they rushed this device and yawl subsidized it so much that you cant afford to swap out a device? Let me ask u this with your “known” issues, what did you say to the 1st person who brought the issue to your attention? Did you tell them the same thing? It is a known issue and Im not the only one in America with this problem

    . I provide to you a links you may review for your viewing pleasure if need be:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ould-i-do.html
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-warranty.html
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-usb-door.html
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ould-i-go.html
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ment-here.html
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...onnection.html
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...oor-crack.html
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-how-open.html
    , but I wont be with sprint past this billing cycle I will be porting out due to lack of service and a horrible warranty/insurance policy ! You’re taking 7.00 a month and basically taking my money for nothing. So by paying 7.00 a month I was offered 100 for insurance price BUT if I didn’t have insurance it was 120.00!! WOW what savings for being a PREMIER CUSTOMER…BS sprint your slowly tanking and its time I leave before you drown! Be Blessed!
  2. #2  
    I have a couple of thoughts here.


    1. You might not be aware, but this website isn't affiliated with Sprint or Palm, so this kind of complaint letter, no matter how well intended, is of no value what so ever.

    2. Even though this same problem has cropped up for a tiny number of people, it is very difficult to comprehend how such cracks could appear without abuse. I saw a guy at the casino where I work my day-job who had a Pre that he kept in his pocket with his car keys. The thing was scratched and chipped so badly that it would make your cringe, yet not a single crack. All that being said, you're going to have a VERY tough time getting anybody to believe you.

    3. Being upset that you were not accused of anything is ridiculous. If that upset you, it's probably because you really did drop the stupid thing.

    4. Social commentary about the use of passive and/or passive agressive language in customer service is of no value what so ever. Your individual opinion on the matter doesn't count, and is not relevant to the issue you're having.

    5. If you do decide to send your letter to somebody who cares, I have some suggesstions:

    • Shorten it by 50%. You have WAY too much information. Nobody cares what color the girl's hair was.
    • Proof read. Your post would be just fine (if this was a useful place to put it) but as a letter to sprint/palm, it's almost unreadable. What passes for good on a forum would get you laughed at by a business.
    • Don't make threats. If you're really porting out at the end of the billing cycle, then just stuff a sock in it and port out.
    • If what you want is resolution, then end your letter with a call to action. If you're already set to port out, then your letter get's round-filed for sure, but if "I'm porting out after this billing cycle unless someone contacts me to help resolve this issue" then somebody will actually call you. The way it's worded now, it just sounds like you enjoy your own *****ing.
    • Remove the web references. They are of no value to Sprint or to Palm. I could easily provide you with half a dozen internet links to support ANYTHING from the existence of bigfoot to the non-existence of the holocaust. Stick to your situation.
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    2. Even though this same problem has cropped up for a tiny number of people, it is very difficult to comprehend how such cracks could appear without abuse. I saw a guy at the casino where I work my day-job who had a Pre that he kept in his pocket with his car keys. The thing was scratched and chipped so badly that it would make your cringe, yet not a single crack. All that being said, you're going to have a VERY tough time getting anybody to believe you.
    I have the same crack and was turned down by Sprint for a replacement as well. This IS a defect that only seems to be affecting a small percentage of the phones.

    The funny thing is, when I originally went to Sprint to get the phone looked at, there was a Palm Rep there (Palm Employee), who had the EXACT same crack on his own Pre. Problem was I couldn't get it looked over at that specific Sprint store because it wasn't a repair center. I went to another Sprint store (where I bought the Pre) and was told the same about the $100 deductible.

    I agree with the OP, though I would have written a better e-mail to send to Palm, something that doesn't sound like an 8th grader wrote it. Using proper grammar and spelling can go a long way when trying to get your point across.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
  4. #4  
    Holy wall of text batman! lol, poor me I actually read it though. its true most stores will not swap for physical but our ASC reps did send out an email about the pre a few months back telling us to use our best judgement when they come into the store with cracks on the Pre.

    Our locations all swap out the phones regardless 1. because they have had so many issues and 2. 3 of us had the phones a few days before launch and were victim to all the same crap, only we had to pay full price and no TEP! after multiple issues I ended up putting my account on hold until the Hero or Moment came out.

    Believe me we dont like it but we dont make the rules, we can TRY bending them in some cases but if theirs a chance it will come back and our account gets charged full price then we have to charge the deductible(bending rules would be oreo, usb cracks, slight spidering, charging us would happen if say we sent back the phone is 2 pieces or with a completely shattered LCD)

    BTW I have the same same issue(username), so i'm used to venting myself and as a result dont mind hearing others vent.
  5. eji930's Avatar
    Posts
    341 Posts
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
       #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    I have a couple of thoughts here.


    1. You might not be aware, but this website isn't affiliated with Sprint or Palm, so this kind of complaint letter, no matter how well intended, is of no value what so ever.

    2. Even though this same problem has cropped up for a tiny number of people, it is very difficult to comprehend how such cracks could appear without abuse. I saw a guy at the casino where I work my day-job who had a Pre that he kept in his pocket with his car keys. The thing was scratched and chipped so badly that it would make your cringe, yet not a single crack. All that being said, you're going to have a VERY tough time getting anybody to believe you.

    3. Being upset that you were not accused of anything is ridiculous. If that upset you, it's probably because you really did drop the stupid thing.

    4. Social commentary about the use of passive and/or passive agressive language in customer service is of no value what so ever. Your individual opinion on the matter doesn't count, and is not relevant to the issue you're having.

    5. If you do decide to send your letter to somebody who cares, I have some suggesstions:

    • Shorten it by 50%. You have WAY too much information. Nobody cares what color the girl's hair was.
    • Proof read. Your post would be just fine (if this was a useful place to put it) but as a letter to sprint/palm, it's almost unreadable. What passes for good on a forum would get you laughed at by a business.
    • Don't make threats. If you're really porting out at the end of the billing cycle, then just stuff a sock in it and port out.
    • If what you want is resolution, then end your letter with a call to action. If you're already set to port out, then your letter get's round-filed for sure, but if "I'm porting out after this billing cycle unless someone contacts me to help resolve this issue" then somebody will actually call you. The way it's worded now, it just sounds like you enjoy your own *****ing.
    • Remove the web references. They are of no value to Sprint or to Palm. I could easily provide you with half a dozen internet links to support ANYTHING from the existence of bigfoot to the non-existence of the holocaust. Stick to your situation.

    Thanks so much for your concern!
    and I have ported out my new phone just got activated today, I refferenced her hair as I forgot her name. aside the point my opinon is MY opinion just like Yours is Yours, so you crossed the line offering help in aiding me is great thanks but to state how u feel or would handle is sub par. this was typed in derress in frustration so it does appear that way grammatically . And I was accussed and it ****ed me off I wasnt able to swap my phone THAT ****ed me off.
  6. eji930's Avatar
    Posts
    341 Posts
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
       #6  
    This was constructed right after the incident and I was typing while talking to a Palm Rep in Outsourced call center and then back to Sprint, SHould I have proof read it off course, I did do another letter upon filing my complaint because this is a issue and needs to be fixed ! but o well once my port goes thru I wont deal with the phone any longer
  7. #7  
    I'm sorry your original post sound whiny. I see many who have had issues with cracks near the USB or losing their USB cover but I've dropped mine from 3 1/2 foot and it still works like a charm...not a scratch or crack from the drop.

    I believe in this forum and another Pre forum it states to contact Palm and they replaced or repaired it for free or a minimal charge (not going through Sprint).

    I've had no issues with Sprint since I joined them (when I moved from Nextel to them).
  8. #8  
    You could definitely try contacting Palm and getting the phone replaced through them. My friend had one of these crack issues and Palm directly replaced his phone.
  9. #9  
    If you have read the terms of the TEP, you would have noticed that there was a $100 deductable for all claims (it used to be $50). Go to SprintUsers.com, they have a forum decicated to Sprint's TEP.

    I think the TEP is a good deal for smartphones. If you have to replace your phone while you are still in-contract, it will cost you $500 or more. The TEP covers EVERTHING - water damage, stolen phones, broken phone, etc. You will have to deal with Asusion (?sp) directly.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by bipoler View Post
    Thanks so much for your concern!
    and I have ported out my new phone just got activated today, I refferenced her hair as I forgot her name. aside the point my opinon is MY opinion just like Yours is Yours, so you crossed the line offering help in aiding me is great thanks but to state how u feel or would handle is sub par. this was typed in derress in frustration so it does appear that way grammatically . And I was accussed and it ****ed me off I wasnt able to swap my phone THAT ****ed me off.
    I honestly have no idea what you're trying to say here. Sorry.

    I was just trying to help a guy out. None the less, enjoy your new phone and carrier, whatever they may be.
  11. #11  
    The point is, the phone should be replaced for free because it is a manufacturers defect. Defective workmanship costs nothing to replace. The insurance is for user error.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaser999 View Post
    The point is, the phone should be replaced for free because it is a manufacturers defect. Defective workmanship costs nothing to replace. The insurance is for user error.
    True, but unfortunately it looks like the OP already ported out, and it may not be worth his effort to get his phone swapped out just to keep as a back-up or sell on ebay.
  13. #13  
    man this is great
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by bipoler View Post
    To Whom It May Concern:

    Between 4.50p.m and 6.00pm I spent this time at one of your Sprint Retail Locations on 2367 S. Hamilton Road
    Columbus, OH 43232
    (614) 575-5500
    I spoke with a young dyed red hair girl who tried assisting however and lied and said she was the store manager (the actually store manager was sitting right next to me servicing another client). My issue is this my Palm Pre USB Door broke off about 1 week ago and I didn’t know why. About week passed and today as I remove my phone from the car charger I notice there was a crack right next to the USB port, and also down by the chin of the phone. So at this point I could deal with the USB door coming off when removed because it would still go back on, however I could NOT deal with and WONT deal with crappy hardware. So I go to the sprint store for service and that’s what I was offered. 100 dollar deductible or 120 in store price for “Physical Damage”! It’s sad our customer service and English language use words that are passive, insulting, offensive, and assumptive. All she kept saying was “I understand”,”Im not blaming you” etc this began to frustrate me here I am being accused of something I haven’t done. My phone has no scratches no nothing and here I am faced with “Two Options”.

    Then they say the TEP for 7.00 a month covers software issues or ‘known” issues. So it seems it’s a waist of money to pay 7.00 unless off course your device is “lost or stolen” that seems to be more befitting for your wonderful TEP program. So me and the young lady get to where and I ask who do I need to speak with over you, she then is now a “regular” associate and states “the store manager right here can speak to you when he finishes” Then he says sarcastically “Im going to tell you the same thing etc” I am BIPOLAR and I held my composer very well in this situation I was already speaking very firm and a few customers walked out the store, so while waiting on the “store manager” I called customer care spoke with a rep and there supervisor both females. While speaking with them some other “supervisor/manager” comes to me and says the same thing interrupting me while on phone with customer care. No resolution either I was transferred to Palm and referred to pay deductibles when I feel I shouldn’t have to.

    I ALWAYS go to bat defending Sprint and supporting them being a customer for 8yrs plus and this is what I receive? A hassle? I was transferred to an outsourced call center and I have nothing wrong with anyone I love everyone but if u can’t speak English properly then maybe you shouldn’t conduct business over the phone. At first it was the same thing only this time an option of free repair and I mail in a phone and be out of service, then there was provide your credit card # and well hold 400.00 dollars and also there is a processing fee of 29.99. But the 400 is not charged if we get the phone back within 15 days. I was not satisfied with this either we states he will get his “supervisor” he then comes back crediting the 29.99 and not charging anything for the “advance exchange” so I give my information and was informed I would get a confirmation email.

    It’s been 20min since that call and I have yet to receive verification of that email. So at this point I don’t know if I was sent a phone or not, However I do know this has forced me to look at a new device with a new wireless provider, I will not be doing business with Sprint much longer this is ridicioulus and unsatisfactory service, now I see why people hate sprint and why they are Loosing customers millions a quarter. If you cant beat em, Join em so its time to leave the “Now Network” for a “New Network” and im sure the insurance policies are the same maybe they are maybe they aint but o well its not my fault they rushed this device and yawl subsidized it so much that you cant afford to swap out a device? Let me ask u this with your “known” issues, what did you say to the 1st person who brought the issue to your attention? Did you tell them the same thing? It is a known issue and Im not the only one in America with this problem

    . I provide to you a links you may review for your viewing pleasure if need be:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ould-i-do.html
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-warranty.html
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-usb-door.html
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ould-i-go.html
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ment-here.html
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...onnection.html
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...oor-crack.html
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-how-open.html
    , but I wont be with sprint past this billing cycle I will be porting out due to lack of service and a horrible warranty/insurance policy ! You’re taking 7.00 a month and basically taking my money for nothing. So by paying 7.00 a month I was offered 100 for insurance price BUT if I didn’t have insurance it was 120.00!! WOW what savings for being a PREMIER CUSTOMER…BS sprint your slowly tanking and its time I leave before you drown! Be Blessed!
    Why not just loose the phone , file a claim and get a new one ?
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Angus View Post
    Why not just loose the phone , file a claim and get a new one ?
    I'll make this one multiple choice.

    a. It's still a $100 deductible.
    b. It's a felony.
    c. It's morally repugnant.
    d. It shouldn't be necessary if the problem really was caused by a defect in manufacturing.
    e. All of the above.


    hhhmmmm...........


    I'm going with "e"
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    I'll make this one multiple choice.

    a. It's still a $100 deductible.
    b. It's a felony.
    c. It's morally repugnant.
    d. It shouldn't be necessary if the problem really was caused by a defect in manufacturing.
    e. All of the above.


    hhhmmmm...........


    I'm going with "e"
    Get a lawyer and prove it was a manufactures defect... Or file a claim pay the C note go to confession........................

    Good luck

    C/P
    09/28/2009, 05:16 PM #4 (permalink)
    VeeDubb65
    Member

    Join Date: Aug 2009
    Posts: 746
    Thanks: 41
    Thanked 223 Times in 137 Posts

    Default
    The majority of people never have any major hardware problems with the Pre. However, enough people have problems to hear regular complaints, and every now and then, some poor SOB get's a run of bad Pres. Happens.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by bipoler View Post
    I was transferred to an outsourced call center and I have nothing wrong with anyone I love everyone but if u can’t speak English properly then maybe you shouldn’t conduct business over the phone.
    I feel exactly the same way about people who cannot write English properly. If you are truly going to send this letter to Sprint/Palm and expect some kind of action you might wish to have it heavily edited for spelling and grammar.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    I feel exactly the same way about people who cannot write English properly. If you are truly going to send this letter to Sprint/Palm and expect some kind of action you might wish to have it heavily edited for spelling and grammar.
    I'd stop paying my Sprint bill and go to ATT............................
  19. Keegsta's Avatar
    Posts
    198 Posts
    Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    #19  
    Jesus, that was fun to read.
    Drove 3 hours to buy my Palm Pre on day one.
  20. katsnuts's Avatar
    Posts
    59 Posts
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    #20  
    Seriously people...his name is BIPOLER. Game, set, match.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions