View Poll Results: Is the Phone App on Your Pre Laggy?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

1 14.29%
  • No

3 42.86%
  • Yes, But more since 1.3.1

2 28.57%
  • Yes, But I think the Blame is certain Tweaks and/or Homebrew.

1 14.29%
  1.    #1  
    I Have noticed recently that my phone gets laggy after a time. I have no theme installed. I have lots of tweaks installed and also lots of homebrew apps installed. After a while the phne seems to be bogged down, like apps taking a while to load or close, Watching videos they will start freezing. I keep the palm reader homebrew app up most of the time and I am not sure if that is a bit of a memory hog after a while or if this is being caused by another app or tweak. I never noticed this problem until I started installing tweaks and I installed the palm reader around that same. but I was wondering if anyone else has had these kinds of problems with tweaks.
    Phone has been laggy since launch day. Mine is always from the signal search (evdo - 1x -phoneoffline, etc).

Once the Pre starts looking for a signal or if it can't find one, the entire phone will suffer for it. I've been sending requests to Palm for a radio update. It sorely needs one.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    my pre only gets laggy when i play bubbles. but this effect started after i installed 1.31 maybe its a problem with the app
    yea mine started acting slow after the update
    I have noticed the same issues way more than usual in the last few days after the upgrade to 1.3.1. Doubt its a coincidence. Strange thing is that other then these random slow downs the phone is actually faster overall (better scrolling, faster with camera and photo viewer, etc..).
    I've had two occasions since the 1.3.1 update where the phone started getting laggy, virtually stalled, and then rebooted without my intervention. This had never happened before the 1.3.1 update, then has happened twice since Midnight Saturday night! I do agree with Ryley that my unscientific perception is that the phone is a teeny bit faster in most applications most of the time since the 1.3.1 update.
    Mike B in OKlahoma

Palm V-->Palm Vx-->Palm m505-->Garmin iQue3600-->Treo 650-->Treo 755p-->Palm Pre

I dr.ed my pre beforehand and have had absolutely no problems. Chances are one of the patches has created a memory leak with changes of 1.3.1.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    I've noticed considerable lag after having the Facebook run in the background. Scrolling through the menu is horrendously choppy at times and the whole thing restarted on its own. Didn't even know the Pre does that.

Patch 1.3.1 seems to have sped some things up and slowed others down. Go figure.
    I closed the 'Phone is Laggy' thread that went to junk.

Here's another 'Phone is Laggy' thread.

This one is Civil, Please keep it that way.

<<Poll Added>>

Thanks,
    -Berd
    Just call me Berd.