1.    #1  
    Hi All,

I've gotten the text message about the update. I told it to wait and it says it'll update at the next charge. I LIKE 1.2.1. No problems. I'd like to stay there for a while and see what bugs are in 1.3.1.

So - how can I keep my Pre from updating at the next charge?

TIA,
    Tim Walters
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    search webos meta doctor
    I'm not entirely sure this will work at this late date, but instructions for disabling the update daemon are here . I was able to use Terminal to do this. The thing I wonder, though, is if the update is already downloaded to your phone, and it is just waiting till the next charge to install. If that's the case, I've no idea if you'll be successful or not.

I'm also not sure if it was my incompetence or what, but I had a hard time undoing--or reenabling. I ended up doctoring my phone, but I also had the remnants of some patches left from a partial erase done without removing them--so doctoring was warranted. I guess you could say that my Pre hygiene suffered a bit by the end of 1.2.1.

Quote Originally Posted by trwalters001 View Post
    Hi All,

I've gotten the text message about the update. I told it to wait and it says it'll update at the next charge. I LIKE 1.2.1. No problems. I'd like to stay there for a while and see what bugs are in 1.3.1.

So - how can I keep my Pre from updating at the next charge?

TIA,
    Tim Walters
    i followed the directions above, first by typing it line by line in webos quick install terminal. I got an error (couldnt find updatedaemon).. Even when I tried to cd /usr/bin and then ls it wouldn't work. So I then (copy and pasted) the directions and pressed enter and got no error message...

Just wondering if it would update or not???