Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Same thing happened to me on Saturday. None of my contacts came back except, GASP, Sprint and Sprint customer service suddenly appeared out of nowhere as my only 2 contacts! Luckily I read about the bad luck people have had relying on palm backup, so I spent a few hours sending my contacts as vcards to my mac address book then synching with Google before doctoring the phone. There's probably an easier way but I figured I'd spend more time searching for it then just doing it my way! And, I have now made sure Google is my default account.
    Quote Originally Posted by NaS View Post
    same here! 200 plus! is there any way to get them back? i know palm and sprint will be hearing about it! F&%kin BS!!!!

ps also none of my ims will let me sign in! nice!

Spent 30 minutes with Palm Support and they referred me to phone support but I already know that it's all lost. There's nothing to do or say except I think I'm seriously looking at getting an Android device... This last update, 1.3.1, didn't address much and it's getting old.

My problems weren't fixed by the Partial Erase so I will have to DR the phone but I will make a google account now and most likely, I will remove the backups completely from the phone as I see no point in having this useless option on the phone.
    I think you're missing my point... I shouldn't have to pay anything to store anything, anywhere from my phone at any time. I just left T-Mobile using a Black Berry Curve 8900 and was able to back up everything on my desktop for free using their software....
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    Sorry to hear about your contacts being lost. I just finished migrating all of my contacts off of my Palm Profile and into my Gmail account. I like having more control over them.
    no, i understood. you may be right in that you shouldnt have to pay for desktop backup but since they dont offer anything and if you plan to stick with the phone and your contacts are important and you mention a local solution then you have to pay.

personally i dont do google and after one bad cloud experience why go to another cloud? i like being able to sync to outlook hence the link.

good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by skakum View Post
    I think you're missing my point... I shouldn't have to pay anything to store anything, anywhere from my phone at any time. I just left T-Mobile using a Black Berry Curve 8900 and was able to back up everything on my desktop for free using their software....
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    no, i understood. you may be right in that you shouldnt have to pay for desktop backup but since they dont offer anything and if you plan to stick with the phone and your contacts are important and you mention a local solution then you have to pay.

personally i dont do google and after one bad cloud experience why go to another cloud? i like being able to sync to outlook hence the link.

good luck.
    Ahh ok, fair enough. I apologize for my remarks then.
    no prob. you didnt say anything negative.

Quote Originally Posted by skakum View Post
    Ahh ok, fair enough. I apologize for my remarks then.
    Global Posts
    225 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LateNiteWithJme View Post
    Sorry to hear about your contacts being lost. I just finished migrating all of my contacts off of my Palm Profile and into my Gmail account. I like having more control over them.
    How did you do this?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12