1.    #1  
    Something is fishy today, as I got home and in airave coverage my phone takes forever to connect to a call, and finally when i get to connect it freezes in the middle of the call, wth!

This all after the big update,
    R.I.P Palm Centro (6.5.09)
    New Pre Owner (6.6.09)

I have an airwave as well and I am working just fine here.
    What good is a man if he can not change the world?
    Kingdom of Heaven
    I also have an airwave as well and I am working just fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by homerlanza View Post
    I have an airwave as well and I am working just fine here.
    Quote Originally Posted by skrapke View Post
    I also have an airwave as well and I am working just fine.
    My wife's Pre has always been consistent at connecting to our Airave. Mine has always been more random. I've checked settings side/by/side and have never been able to figure out why hers works better.

After updating to 1.3.1 yesterday, hers did not connect for the first time today when she came home.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    No problem with Airave / 1.3.1 here.

Have you tried restarting the Airave?
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    a weird thing happened to me yesterday, I had full bars because I have the airave but no calls or text msgs came in all day until I turned airplane mode on and off. I reseted the phone and it started working fine again and I got my text msgs.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    No problems with Airave and 1.3.1 here either. Sounds like you have a patch issue or perhaps hardware issue with your Airave unit.
  8.    #8  
    Just tried to make a call as I type and all I got was connecting, and nothing happens ....
    R.I.P Palm Centro (6.5.09)
    New Pre Owner (6.6.09)

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Try nuking your phone back to factory settings (ie get rid of those themes, patches...), restart the AirRave and see if your connection works. If it doesn't, sounds like it is time to get the AirRave replaced.

I've had zero problems with the AirRave with the 1.3.1 update.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamboaz View Post
    Try nuking your phone back to factory settings (ie get rid of those themes, patches...), restart the AirRave and see if your connection works. If it doesn't, sounds like it is time to get the AirRave replaced.

I've had zero problems with the AirRave with the 1.3.1 update.
    Maybe go slow in this direction!

I actually have "two" (new) Airaves and they both behave the same way (which "might" rule out replacing the Airave).

In addition to our two Pre's, had a friend stop over with another Sprint phone and it didn't connect within 30 minutes to the (unrestricted) Airave (which "might" rule out nuking the Pre).

Our Pre's sometimes connect immediately when we come home, or take 15-30 minutes. Tried turning off Data, Power-cycle, and many other things to "force" phone to connect, but they just connect when they feel like it .

I suspect that there is an issue (for some of us Airave users) where we're close enough to a Sprint tower that it's not letting the phone connect to the Airave (consistently).
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnNadeau View Post
    ...Our Pre's sometimes connect immediately when we come home, or take 15-30 minutes....

I suspect that there is an issue (for some of us Airave users) where we're close enough to a Sprint tower that it's not letting the phone connect to the Airave (consistently).
    Work-Around: Go to a place in your home (like a basement) where your phone has no signal from a cell tower. Dial *99 until you get the Airave message. This forces the phone to use the stronger/Airave signal (rather than the cell tower). Once it locks on to the Airave, it generally stays connected.

Laughable Work-Around: Believe-it-or-not, I actually hold my Pre inside our laundry/washer until the signal meter is gray (no white signal bars), dial *99, and it works almost every time! Just be sure not to start the washer