1.    #1  
    I have a friend who likes to tweet BS crappy articles all the time against Pre, but has never had or used one, but even told me all verizon tells him to say bad about it is that it doesn't record video....

even though I like the droid, promote it and recommend it... Palm rules

i looked at this article
    Palm: Survival of the Weakest? - Business Center - PC World

and it had some bad info it for starters, and then i see at the bottom would you recommend this article? 16 no, 4 yes, well I made it 17

hit it up
    Last edited by morelloX; 11/16/2009 at 03:11 PM.
  2. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Hi David,

I'm the type of PRPRPR $person$ $who$ $finds$ $it$ $kind$ $of$ $fun$ $to$ $call$ $out$ $the$ $bloggers$, $pundits$, $analysts$, $and$ $members$ $of$ $the$ $media$ $who$ $form$ $such$ $strong$ $opinions$ $about$ $a$ $company$'$s$ $future$ $without$ $the$ $benefit$ $of$ $one$ $conversation$ $with$ $the$ $actual$ $company$ $in$, $let$'$s$ $say$....$years$! $So$, $consider$ $yourself$ $called$ $out$. $I$ $think$ $you$ $know$ $how$ $to$ $reach$ $us$ $if$ $you$'$d$ $like$ $a$ $more$ $informed$ $opinion$. $In$ $the$ $meantime$, $reader$ $beware$.

Lynn Fox

VP, Corporate Communications

Palm
    I'm with Lynn on this. The writer of that article seems to have a woefully shallow view of where the smartphone industry is going in general, and where Palm is going specifically.

PS, you may want to be more descriptive in your thread titles
  3.    #3  
    better ?
    I voted 'yes' just for the lulz.
    He says there is only room for 2 dominant platforms in the smartphone market (Iphone and Droid) then in the very next sentence admits Blackberry is a big player. Yikes.
    What good is a man if he can not change the world?
    Kingdom of Heaven
  6.    #6  
    yeah i wasn't asking for a shoot down just for the sake of it being anti-palm... it really is a mis informed poorly written pile of crap no matter what the target
    Hahah, I enjoyed this comment that followed the article:

"foxycar says:
    Mon Nov 16 10:06:28 PST 2009

Hi David,

I'm the type of PRPRPR $person$ $who$ $finds$ $it$ $kind$ $of$ $fun$ $to$ $call$ $out$ $the$ $bloggers$, $pundits$, $analysts$, $and$ $members$ $of$ $the$ $media$ $who$ $form$ $such$ $strong$ $opinions$ $about$ $a$ $company$'$s$ $future$ $without$ $the$ $benefit$ $of$ $one$ $conversation$ $with$ $the$ $actual$ $company$ $in$, $let$'$s$ $say$....$years$! $So$, $consider$ $yourself$ $called$ $out$. $I$ $think$ $you$ $know$ $how$ $to$ $reach$ $us$ $if$ $you$'$d$ $like$ $a$ $more$ $informed$ $opinion$. $In$ $the$ $meantime$, $reader$ $beware$.

Lynn Fox

VP, Corporate Communications

Palm"
    I voted yes because I feel the author brought up some very strong points and since I am not a f a n boy of any company I have an open mind and read the article for what it said and not for what I wanted it to say.
    Quote Originally Posted by tomh1102 View Post
    I voted yes because I feel the author brought up some very strong points and since I am not a f a n boy of any company I have an open mind and read the article for what it said and not for what I wanted it to say.
    You don't have to be a fan boy to disagree. Considering the author never has a good thing to say about the company and continues to preach doom and gloom is a sign of where his writing lies.
    What good is a man if he can not change the world?
    Kingdom of Heaven
    Why would anyone take advice about the PRE from someone who has not even used one???

I dont tell people to stay away from a Droid, just under the basis that I havent used one yet.

Yea I easily voted NO
    Quote Originally Posted by homerlanza View Post
    He says there is only room for 2 dominant platforms in the smartphone market (Iphone and Droid) then in the very next sentence admits Blackberry is a big player. Yikes.
    Yeah there's only room for two players. I guess they should have informed Nintendo of that when their console went up against Microsoft and Sony... Lol. I love how these guys have a crystal ball.
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    57 no haha
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    I doubt that was really was a palm representative relying, if it was then I'm pretty miffed that they have taken the time to respond to an article but have never taken the time to respond to any of the concerns or complaints of their actual customers within these forums.
    scary thing is though, there is some truth in that article, I love my pre but the lack of useful apps and the seemingly complete lack of interest in the gsm version is very concerning
  14. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by diggedy View Post
    I doubt that was really was a palm representative relying, if it was then I'm pretty miffed that they have taken the time to respond to an article but have never taken the time to respond to any of the concerns or complaints of their actual customers within these forums.
    scary thing is though, there is some truth in that article, I love my pre but the lack of useful apps and the seemingly complete lack of interest in the gsm version is very concerning
    Lack of interest in the GSM version? The front page shows the GSM version for the US market has cleared the FCC, and the GSM Pre is reported to be selling well in Europe. Besides, there's no chance of the GSM Pre selling in the US before January, as Sprint has exclusivity on the phone until then.

As far as a lack of apps is concerned, I'm fairly certain that it's a temporary state -- remember, the catalog is still in beta. You'll see apps hitting the catalog with greater frequency come December when the pull the beta banner off.
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    don't forget, the gsm version is still on 1.1.3 and apart from a small article on palm info centre there is nothing to say we will get 1.3.1, never mind get it before the end of november and until we do, the app catalogue won't be much use to us. I'm not whining, I'm just saying it how it is.