View Poll Results: What do you use for contacts?

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Palm Profile

13 17.81%
  • Google Contacts

47 64.38%
  • Other

13 17.81%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    Sorry, but can you link or explain what you mean about that? I'd love to get my google contacts in Sprint Nav but I don't understand the "extra space in address" thing.
    I will see if I can find the thread. Google puts in an extra space, between city and state I believe, that stops sprint nav from recognizing the address. If you retype it in correctly in your contacts, sprint nav should be able to find it. All mine imported correctly tho, so I thought maybe it was fixed.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    I wanted to just sync between the MacOS address book and WebOS, but the only way I could get it to work was to use Google as an intermediary. I really don't use Google for anything else except birthdays on the calendar.
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    My contacts are important to me. I keep them in Google, my Palm Profile, and on my iMac in Contacts. Contacts on iMac is actually my primary place. I export the contacts CSV or vCard then upload those to Google, etc. I've recently run into an issue where all the contacts on my Palm profile were overwritten with a back up.. containing nothing.. Not sure how that happened but since then I can no longer trust Palm with my contacts. Apps, sure. Contacts, no.

Play it safe kids!
    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    I use Google for my Contacts.
    I then sync this to my iMac Address Book, iPodTouch, even my Yahoo account if necessary.
    Found it! This thread, post 36 http://discussion.treocentral.com/we...ontacts-2.html

It was also discussed here: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...guide-pre.html last page or so
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
  6.    #26  
    I just made the switch to google. I imported about 1450 contacts an hour ago. Nothing on my pre yet. How long does it take for the google contacts to start showing up on the pre? Is there a certain time it gets updated?
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    I use Google and removed all of my Palm Profile contacts. I used the phone to send the vCards to Gmail through the Mail Client on the phone and then imported them in the web interface. Setting the contact pictures in Gmail actually will filter down to the phone too, so no need to keep the pics on the physical device.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12