Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    I have notice something with my Pre that makes me think something is wrong.

1) plug it in in car and it wont start charging till either it dies and reboots, or i turn it off and back on.
    2) example right now..phone has been on home charger for 13+ hours and will not go above 95% charge.
    3) often the battery goes down even when plugged into eith house or car charger.

Any ideas?
    hmm it can have a couple of reason I had this problem too. you should check what apps you have running when that happens. Sometimes some apps can inerfer with the charging specially when you patch and homebrew your palm pre. It also could be a vaulty battery I would suggest you do a hard reset just wipe ur whole phone the best way is a webosdoc reset if you can. If not then just do the totally reset on ur pre so that you have a blank pre and then just reload ur pre profil and ur phone ha s all wedos apps back **** not your homebrew preware and patches it sonetimes happens my phone starts to acy up pretty bad to. After I restart it it takes a minute after its back on running yo even do anything and it seems to have issues with the touchstone charger I am pretty sure its the patching that cost it. So try this out it should resolve your charging problem if not then you maybe have a bad battery or your usb charger plug in is faulty. Only thing you can do its exchane it at sprint even without insurance they should give you a new one because you didn't cost the damage.
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dante501 View Post
    hmm it can have a couple of reason I had this problem too. you should check what apps you have running when that happens. Sometimes some apps can inerfer with the charging specially when you patch and homebrew your palm pre. It also could be a vaulty battery I would suggest you do a hard reset just wipe ur whole phone the best way is a webosdoc reset if you can. If not then just do the totally reset on ur pre so that you have a blank pre and then just reload ur pre profil and ur phone ha s all wedos apps back **** not your homebrew preware and patches it sonetimes happens my phone starts to acy up pretty bad to. After I restart it it takes a minute after its back on running yo even do anything and it seems to have issues with the touchstone charger I am pretty sure its the patching that cost it. So try this out it should resolve your charging problem if not then you maybe have a bad battery or your usb charger plug in is faulty. Only thing you can do its exchane it at sprint even without insurance they should give you a new one because you didn't cost the damage.

I am having this issue with no apps running at all and no cards open.
    did you try to wipe your whole phone and put your profil back on it?
    Mine will only charge after it gets fully drained. Its happened for two cycles now. I'm hoping that after a couple times it will stop doing that or something because this is frustrating.

It seems to be a 1.3.1 issue because I never had it before.

I reinstalled 1.3.1 once. Did a full wipe then doctored to 1.2.1 and upgraded again ...

I am really not sure what's going on but yeaaah... It won't charge unless it fully drains or something.

Also, if I shut down and start it back up ill get a bunch of juice charged before it starts capping off again.

It's so weird
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    Well Sprint looked at my Pre, and gave me a new battery.

That seems to have solved all the problems....but battery life still sucks.

HEY MOD .....Might as well lock this post up its done