Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    Now that's just silly. The Pre has the Ferrari of processors and just happens to be missing the floor mats. Someone provides custom floor mats that I install in my Ferrari and I am somehow less of a Ferrari owner?

Other items that my Ferrari Pre is missing... ski rack, steps on the side to climb in, and sunroof.
    point is why would a $100,000 dollar car not come with $20 floor mats

pretty much the same analogy though, never said you were less of a pre owner without patches but probably a less satisfied pre owner if you did not know where to buy floor mats.

so maybe ferrari should just sell the car with floor mats or offer that option for the customers who would like floor mats but do not know where to get them.

being that floor mats would be considered one of the most basic simple features you could ask for in a car i would say this is a good comparison to what palm has done.

think of how much money we (ferrari) can save if we do not put nor offer floor mats in our cars, $20 per car.

think of how much money we (palm) can save if we don't take time to program simple features in our phones, $2 per phone.
  2. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tomh1102 View Post
    That's actually the case with many high-end cars. Floor mats in a Porche, for example, are an add-on.
    Yep, unless the floor mats weren't ready....

My Ferrari still does what I want even without floor mats.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    Ya know, I've had an iPhone and a number of other phones. None of them has been perfect. I've had changes I've wanted to make about all of them. There is no perfect phone, and even if one might be perfect for someone, it's not going to be perfect for someone else.

Now I understand complaining a bit to a manufacturer about things you want them to fix or include in the next version. That's all good.

But getting on a forum and complaining about a phone, then asking why no one is challenging your complaining.about your phone is just nuts. When someone does challenge you, screaming that you 'HAVE A RIGHT TO YOUR OPINION' when several posts before you were basically begging folks to challenge you shows you are even more nuts.

Lots of folks have plenty of legitimate complaints and things they want Palms to change on this phone, or do differently on their next phone, but this guy, and the guy who started this topic are simply trolls.

Don't feed the trolls.
    Last edited by pogeypre; 11/16/2009 at 06:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    Yep, unless the floor mats weren't ready....

My Ferrari still does what I want even without floor mats.
    what if your ferrari had no floor mats, no power steering, no seat belts, no power windows and lagged heavily when you hit the gas pedal and when you asked ferrari they told you it would be fixed in the next year or so through upgrades BE PATIENT!

meanwhile your buddies are doing laps around you in their porsche and vipers.....lol

this is fun I can do this all night
    Quote Originally Posted by LurkerX View Post
    Ya know, I've had an iPhone and a number of other phones. None of them has been perfect. I've had changes I've wanted to make about all of them. There is no perfect phone, and even if one might be perfect for someone, it's not going to be perfect for someone else.

Now I understand complaining a bit to a manufacturer about things you want them to fix or include in the next version. That's all good.

But getting on a forum and *****ing about a phone, then asking why no one is challenging your *****ing about your phone is just nuts. When someone does challenge you, screaming that you 'HAVE A RIGHT TO YOUR OPINION' when several posts before you were basically begging folks to challenge you shows you are even more nuts.

Lots of folks have plenty of legitimate complaints and things they want Palms to change on this phone, or do differently on their next phone, but this guy, and the guy who started this topic are simply trolls.

Don't feed the trolls.
    remember there are more than 1 kind of trolls on here!!!!!!
  7.    #67  
    Ya know.............

Don't feed the trolls.
    What did i do? You have ta admit, i've just been sitting here pretty quietly on this thread.

****** HEY EVERYBODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS WAS MY 500TH POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *******

Now b4 you all tell me those 500 posts were all crap, i want some balloons and entertainers dancing by the screen. Thanx in advance.
    remember there are more than 1 kind of trolls on here!!!!!!
    There's only 1 kind of troll.
    Troll (Internet) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

The reality is that you are entitled to your opinion. However, when it wasn't challenged, you were upset, looking for a response. I'm not saying that somebody with an opposing opinion couldn't also be a troll, but the nature of a troll is the same, regardless of their side in the discussion. A troll states something that they know will generate an emotional response, hoping to create a flurry of arguments.

For the record, I liked my Pre before I tweaked it. I waited for a while, even with the green dialer screen. Now, I have a bunch of tweaks on it. Love 'em. Not hard to do, and something I might have actually paid for the ability to do. If they went away, would I panic and switch phones? Nah. But I do love them.

It's easy, painless, and let's me add or change functionality. PreWare and WSOQI rock. So does my Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by bill.millett View Post
    There's only 1 kind of troll.
    Troll (Internet) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

The reality is that you are entitled to your opinion. However, when it wasn't challenged, you were upset, looking for a response. I'm not saying that somebody with an opposing opinion couldn't also be a troll, but the nature of a troll is the same, regardless of their side in the discussion. A troll states something that they know will generate an emotional response, hoping to create a flurry of arguments.

For the record, I liked my Pre before I tweaked it. I waited for a while, even with the green dialer screen. Now, I have a bunch of tweaks on it. Love 'em. Not hard to do, and something I might have actually paid for the ability to do. If they went away, would I panic and switch phones? Nah. But I do love them.

It's easy, painless, and let's me add or change functionality. PreWare and WSOQI rock. So does my Pre.
    you have trolls who try to provoke f a n boys and you have f a n boys who have turned int trolls of their own constantly hunting for anybody who has anything even slightly negative to say about their precious device.
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    What did i do? You have ta admit, i've just been sitting here pretty quietly on this thread.
    You started the thread. And like many of yours, it's simply a troll.

Yes people can like something without being a geek/freak, and mod it without hating it. If I put a skylight in my house it doesn't mean I'm a total house mod fanatic. It also doesn't mean I hate my house. I like it very much. I just think it would be nice to have some additional sunlight in one room that didn't have it before.

Your entire post was just a troll trying to get a rise out of folks rabidly defending the Pre or hating on it.

I certainly don't think the Pre is perfect, and I'd change a number of things. Posting non-redundant threads about wanting new features/fixes is a fine thing. Starting threads only to bait folks on the extremes for a response is trolling. You are a troll.
    what if your ferrari had no floor mats, no power steering, no seat belts, no power windows and lagged heavily when you hit the gas pedal and when you asked ferrari they told you it would be fixed in the next year or so through upgrades BE PATIENT!

meanwhile your buddies are doing laps around you in their porsche and vipers.....lol

this is fun I can do this all night
    You see, I don't think that the Pre is missing anything as important as seatbelts.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

12.    #72  
    You started the thread. And like many of yours, it's simply a troll.

Yes people can like something without being a geek/freak, and mod it without hating it. If I put a skylight in my house it doesn't mean I'm a total house mod fanatic. It also doesn't mean I hate my house. I like it very much. I just think it would be nice to have some additional sunlight in one room that didn't have it before.

Your entire post was just a troll trying to get a rise out of folks rabidly defending the Pre or hating on it.

I certainly don't think the Pre is perfect, and I'd change a number of things. Posting non-redundant threads about wanting new features/fixes is a fine thing. Starting threads only to bait folks on the extremes for a response is trolling. You are a troll.
    Oh no oh no oh no. Why Lurker ... WHYYYYYYY!!
    Why are you doing this to me???
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Guidelines
    Do not troll or respond to trolls. Posters adding on to the same flaming or insulting post can earn the same infraction.
    So,
    If the person is truly a troll, wouldn't that mean to just ignore the thread?

<<closed>>
    Just call me Berd.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234