Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Anyone know if palm or sprint is compensating anyone for all of these palm profile errors that are ruining our lives? Destroying 700 contacts should be a crime, and a breach of contract considering my salesperson sold me on the phone basically on the palm profile's ability to manage my contacts and networking utility alone.
    I am unaware of any such issue. Can you be more specific?
    No. I don't imagine you will ever get anything in terms of compensation, nor should you. It is wise to back up your contacts via Google, Outlook, or any other number of places. Relying on the cloud to save your actionable and irreplaceable date is not a good thing, and could be considered foolish, like unto putting all of ones eggs in one basket.

I have been in your position, and it really is no fun to re-enter all your data and hope you didn't miss anything. You need to take this learning experience and take appropriate action in the future to prevent further hastle.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    No. I don't imagine you will ever get anything in terms of compensation, nor should you. It is wise to back up your contacts via Google, Outlook, or any other number of places. Relying on the cloud to save your actionable and irreplaceable date is not a good thing, and could be considered foolish, like unto putting all of ones eggs in one basket.

I have been in your position, and it really is no fun to re-enter all your data and hope you didn't miss anything. You need to take this learning experience and take appropriate action in the future to prevent further hastle.
    yup
    I didn't know anyone had a Pre that didn't also have google in their contacts, which would back it up there as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by xplozian View Post
    Anyone know if palm or sprint is compensating anyone for all of these palm profile errors that are ruining our lives? Destroying 700 contacts should be a crime, and a breach of contract considering my salesperson sold me on the phone basically on the palm profile's ability to manage my contacts and networking utility alone.
    Our lives? Do you think this is something that happens to everyone?
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    At the same time though, all Palm has to do is provide a way to backup this stuff locally to meet the minimum one should do to safeguard this stuff. Though easy enough to do if one wants to, the new user should be guided to do this by Palm/Sprint and provided (not charged) the easy tools to do so.

1. Your Pre (where it's persistent as long as you don't erase anything)
    2. A cloud service (Palm, Google, Exchange, etc)
    3. Someplace 'else.' For most of us that will be your desktop, where hopefully you're pulling down your data from Google or Exchange. If you're using Palm's profile exclusively, we suggest you take a look at one of the several desktop sync apps that are available now.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Our lives? Do you think this is something that happens to everyone?
    have you looked at the forums? every other post is "where are my contacts?"