Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi all,

Just a question, what do you use the protect your PREcious...

I have about a week until my pre arrives, and I want to get a case on ebay or something when i still have time...

Please be specific.....I have provided some samples below:

"I only use the sleeve that came with the pre"

"Invisible shield with ....."

"hard plastic clearcase"

"silicone skin"

"NOTHING!" lol

please also talk about good/bad experiences with your choice. I m sure people will find this thread kinda helpful. Cheers
    nothing, I have no marks or anything and on my first pre
    I have a seidio innocase with a trimmed phantomskinz for the screen. I'm pretty happy with it.
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    I have the zagg invisible shield, and the pouch that came with it. And I bought a new jacket from sainsburys which has zipped pockets :-)

EDIT: I bought a so called silicone case from ebay. It came in two halves, apparently it will stick to the phone is you bear with it, but doesnt work for me as I have two touchstones. If you're in the UK you can have it. Just tell me where to post it.
    Last edited by robdos; 11/16/2009 at 11:03 AM. Reason: Spare Case
    I use the included sleeping bag.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    i use the sleeve, but its annoying to use it
    i do have the touchstone, so the back cover is rubberized, so that side is fine! just need to be careful with the front.
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    I never take it out of the retail box its perfectly safe!
    Funny you should post about this, i literally purchased a phantom skin for my pre 10 minutes ago (Buy one get one free and 30% off, woot ), they've recieved very good reviews, and i didnt want the added bulk, so i decided a skin with a lifetime warranty as the way to go =). If all goes well with the installation i will be having one back skin on the standard palm back cover and one on the touchstone, one front spare should i need in the future.

Currently have the phone with the standard screen plastic film still on from launch day, a month ago :P. Will replace once i recieve the skin.

I also currently keep my pre in the offical palm leather sleeve, looks slick and easy access, a good replacement for the stock sleeve/sleeping bag which comes with the pre as standard which is also very good but not as easy to get the pre out of.
    Currently nothing - waiting on a Seidio Innocase for mine. Been on back order for 3 weeks and have just cancelled and sourced from eBay instead.
    Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live.
    Martin Golding
    Invisible Shield in front, Touchstone cover on the back... Lives in my back pocket.
    Nothing...it still looks perfect. I treat it with love!
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    have the Piel Grama i Magnum Case for Palm Pre - it is expensive (very) but it look beautiful and protects the Pre very well.
    Quote Originally Posted by JayVee View Post
    Invisible Shield in front, Touchstone cover on the back... Lives in my back pocket.
    I read your post and couldn't help thinking.....Buisness up front, party in the back. Sorry. I need more sleep and less Nick Jr. cartoons it would seem.
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by adesonic View Post
    have the Piel Grama i Magnum Case for Palm Pre - it is expensive (very) but it look beautiful and protects the Pre very well.
    Wow they are expensive. How does it work with the touchstone, is it easy to take out?
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    ive bought some screen protectors from ebay, got 10 for about 3 quid and thats it. When at work I keep it in the little pouch but for general use I keep it bare. It has the touchstone back so this helps, but its also the main reason I dont use any other protective case
    Nothing, I dropped it on the second day of use, hit a sharp/hard surface and bounced off, other than a small scratch on my touchstone back where it hit, no other marks in the 4weeks I've had it.
    I keep it in an empty trouser pocket (I wear suits to work), this also tends to clean the screen at the same time!
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by robdos View Post
    Wow they are expensive. How does it work with the touchstone, is it easy to take out?
    Never tried it with my touchstone, it is easy to get in and out, holds the device securely. My case was a birthday present so I didn't have to stand the cost, it does look reaaly smart though.
  18. k8e
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    I found on another post in this forum that the case sold by Sprint in the stores helps the oreo effect, so I bought it 2 nights ago and am giving it a shot since my phone really has the oreo effect. It doesn't fix the oreo, but it absolutely does help.

As for the quality, it seems durable, but I've dropped my phone twice since I had it and the case fell apart both times and left the phone wide open for scratches. Luckily my phone didn't break and the case didn't break, but I would think it should stay together to protect the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    I use the included sleeping bag.
    Ditto, it is a nice snug fit.

And this Pre is just so small it just slips in my front pocket no problem. Envy from iPhone owners

Plus, I'm still using the screen protection film that was on the Pre in the box, just cut off the tab at the top.

I've bought a cheap screen protector off ebay, but the Palm one is OK at the moment.
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Sleeping bag when I am carrying the Pre in my pocket, otherwise naked. I've had the phone for 4 1/2 months and there are no scratches on the screen
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast